"to not raise a finger"
to do nothing to help
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Can you believe how lazy Jim is?
Colleague 2: Tell me.
Colleague 1: This morning, I was struggling out of the copy room with a stack of binders. The binders were falling all over the place. Jim just stood and watched. He didn't raise a finger to help.
Colleague 2: Perhaps Jim thought it was beneath his dignity to help you.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: I sure am getting tired of doing all the work around the house.
Friend 2: Does your husband not help?
Friend 1: Are you kidding? No matter how busy I am, he never raises a finger.
Friend 2: That must get frustrating.
Not raising a finger to help, he sat and watched TV.
1) ... with heavy burdens they can hardly carry, and you yourselves will not raise a finger to help them.
2) Why should I raise a finger when Daddy government can be black balled to fund our champagne lifestyle.
3) ... how hubby is struggling to pay all the bills and she won't raise a finger to help.
4) Democrats are not going to raise a finger to help President Trump.
5) ... and who does what and who does more and who seems to barely raise a finger while the other adult in the house feels like a Victorian-era scullery maid.
6) ... immigrants will not be given special handling. I will not raise a finger. You know that it is a violation of the law.
7) ... managed by an experienced hotel operator, ensuring you don't have to raise a finger to earn your returns.
8) He lived a life of luxury and didn't have to raise a finger simply because his father had written a huge Christmas song back in the day.
9) You did not raise a finger. You turned a blind eye when SABC money was being used to prop up ...
10) ... because, in the words of his American publisher, he will not raise a finger to promote his own work.
11) ... against unlawful or intimidatory behaviour by anyone but has singularly failed to raise a finger to rein in the out of control construction union.
12) I always did the calling and texting but they didn't raise a finger.
13) ... and he says that you could go to jail and he won't raise a finger to protect you, what would you do?
14) ... he didn't raise a finger to protect his employees, or the small businesses and contractors he'd hired, ...
15) It was bloodless because nobody was willing to raise a finger to save him.
16) My wife did not even raise a finger to do anything in the house. Even basic cleanliness and cooking was taken care ...
17) ... sit inside in the air conditioning, not offer you a drink or raise a finger to help clean up, while you get sunburnt, dehydrated and disorientated outside installing ...
18) But he will not raise a finger to help the state any more.
19) ... as usual, it refused to raise a finger until it became too late.
20) ... vested interest in things staying as they are, so they will not raise a finger to change things for the better.