"not your cup of tea"
something that you do not like, do not participate in or are not good at
Related words and phrases:
Two friends are talking about what they are going to do later in the evening ...
Friend 1: Hey, we're all going to the theatre to see that new horror movie. Are you coming?
Friend 2: No thanks. Horror movies are not really my cup of tea.
Friend 1: What do you mean?
Friend 2: I don't like horror movies. I don't find them frightening or enjoyable.
Friend 1: OK. Well, maybe next time.
Friend 2: Enjoy the movie.
A week later, the same two friends are talking about what they will do later in the evening ...
Friend 1: Hey, we're all going to the theatre to see that new post-apocalyptic movie. Are you coming?
Friend 2: Absolutely! Now you're talking! That's more my cup of tea.
Friend 1: Oh, you like that kind of movie?
Friend 2: Post-apocalyptic movies are my favorite kind of movies.
Friend 1: Good then. See you at the theatre.
Doing something that is not your cup of tea is not very enjoyable.
1) I sometimes do things that are not my cup of tea.
2) You watch movies that are not your cup of tea.
3) He plays games that are not his cup of tea.
4) She wears clothes that are not her cup of tea.
5) We play in stadiums that are not our cup of tea.
6) You (all) work overtime sometimes even though it's not your cup of tea.
7) They attend social functions that are not their cup of tea.
8) I think this looks like a visually stunning movie, but not my cup of tea.
9) I disregard resource and oil and gas companies (not my cup of tea). What I look for are small, easy to understand businesses.
10) He also says that the current music scene is not my cup of tea and that he basically stopped paying attention when Frank Sinatra died.
11) This is not my cup of tea but I am impressed.
12) It's not my cup of tea. It was time to go.
13) About half-way through I realized that a life of research was not my cup of tea and that I missed the idea of being around animals as a vet.
14) Even if she's not your cup of tea, why must you be so hateful and so disrespectful.
15) If taking a loan from the bank is not your cup of tea, there are other options available.
16) If it's not your cup of tea, it's best avoided.
17) They didn't like it, it was not their cup of tea.
18) Print is not their cup of tea, as shown by the declining sales of newspapers among younger people.
19) I completely understand that she's not everyone's cup of tea and not everybody is going to like her.
20) Facebook is not everyone's cup of tea nor has it been around for as long.