"odds and ends"
miscellaneous small matters (as of business) to be attended to;
miscellaneous items, fragments and remnants
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Are you almost ready to head out for the day?
Colleague 2: I've just got a few odds and ends to take care of before leaving.
Colleague 1: How long will you be?
Colleague 2: Ten or fifteen minutes. There are just a couple of quick things I need to do, nothing major.
Colleague 1: OK. I'll wait for you.
A couple are talking ...
Wife: When are you going to clean up all those odds and ends of lumber left over from building the deck?
Husband: Those pieces of wood may look like scrap to you but to me they could still be used to build other small items.
Wife: That's fine. I wasn't suggesting that you throw them away but tidying up all the cut-off bits of lumber would be good.
There is no gerund form for odds and ends.
1) ... don't have the funds for a new playground, get local organizations to donate odds and ends and have kids from the neighborhood build their own temporary adventure playground.
2) ... is an excellent guideline in keeping my house from overflowing with impulse buys, and odds and ends that don't fit anywhere.
3) It had been the home for an old fridge, with odds and ends resting on top, and a stack of cartons.
4) This place has so much cute stuff! Lots of vintage housewares and odds and ends. Some pieces of furniture. All very reasonable priced compared to the ...
5) Almost every rule implemented, almost all due to climate, safety or similar odds and ends, costs extra in some form.
6) I had to go to a lingerie shop to buy the odds and ends that will go under my maid of honor dress on Saturday.
7) ... postponing all work that was of much importance but doing little odds and ends of writing, trifles that would help me pass away the time.
8) As it turned out, he was a genius with his hands. Patching together odds and ends from his house, he could build anything from scratch.
9) In addition to the 12 issues above, here are a few other odds and ends that couldn't be placed with any specific quote.
10) ... 500 GB external hard drive for files, music, and photos and other assorted odds and ends like programs.
11) Side pockets are great places to store cards you don't use often and other odds and ends.
12) I buy paper, stickers and other odds and ends for making card and other projects.
13) This is where one may use your compendium of interest in odds and ends to enliven a conversation.
14) If you're going away to college, no doubt you are looking for odds and ends like toasters and microwaves.
15) ... only added one person to our family, we now have a gazillion little odds and ends that we need to take with us whenever we leave the house.
16) This patchwork was made of all sorts of odds and ends -- pretty bits of silk and velvet; ...
17) A thousand odds and ends of knowledge come crashing about my head like hailstones.
18) ... as in my garage, they are filled with an assortment of odds and ends. With the original contents removed, their emptiness becomes a catchall for ...
19) You have a drawer to arrange your odds and ends. You also have a big wardrobe for your clothes.
20) While previous career retrospectives have focussed on Brooks's films, this collection assembles odds and ends from around the margins of his career, ranging from classic interviews with ...