"(to be) of age"
to be old enough to marry or to legally sign documents
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: It seems the interns are getting younger and younger every year. Is that new intern even old enough to work?
Colleague 2: Of course. The company does not hire anyone who is not of age. Believe it or not, the new intern is actually twenty-one years old.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: I can't believe that you want to get married so young. You are only seventeen.
Friend 2: Andy and I love each other and want to start a life together but our parents forbid it.
Friend 1: I suppose you will both have to wait until you are of age. Then you can do whatever you want.
Friend 2: And the first thing we will do is get a marriage license.
Being of age, the young couple did not require their parents consent to get married.
1) ... may also be agreed by all the beneficiaries provided they are of age and not subject to any legal disability.
2) ... and then it can be transferred to the underage person when they are of age.
3) ... they are adults and you are still a child. Wait until you are of age then get a job, leave home and support yourself, then you can do ...
4) In Alberta, the drinking age is 18. Preventing students who are of age from drinking in public spaces in residences will simply drive them to bars off campus.
5) ... are brought into their parents' or community's faith long before they are of age to make binding legal commitments under German law.
6) Well, it will not be very long before you are of age and free from the restraints of tutelage.
7) Of course, they are of age now, and there's nothing we can do.
8) ... 18 years old, please ask your parents or other adults whether you are of age to use this website and to order goods and services from it.
9) However, you need to note that if all beneficiaries are of age, they are together able to dissolve the trust and agree to the way in ...
10) In the United States, both males and females are of age when twenty-one years old.
11) ... non custodial parent pays child support to the custodial parent till the child is of age.
12) ... left them an enormous fortune not to be used until the eldest child is of age.
13) ... present for their children to get a passport. A child, who is of age to drive but not a legal adult, will need their driver's license as ...
14) One girl is of age when she can be prosecuted by law should she commence, ...
15) Under the provisions of the Civil Code, a woman 23 years old is of age. From that period she is in the full possession of her civil rights, ...
16) To be eligible to win the prize, claimant must be of age of majority within their jurisdiction of residence.
17) To vote in Estonia you need to have citizenship and be of age.
18) ... requires that to enter into a sexual relationship each of the parties must be of age and consent to the act.
19) Have you got sons of age to join the military or soon to be of age?
20) The war ended before he was of age. So he never had to think about fighting on the front.