a place you are not allowed to enter
Related words and phrases:
not to be interfered with, considered, or spoken of
Related words and phrases:
A couple are talking ...
Husband: My workshop is off limits to everyone until after little Franky's birthday.
Wife: Why is that?
Husband: Because I am building him a wagon and I want it to be a surprise. So, no one is allowed in my workshop, OK?
Wife: OK. Your workshop is out of bounds.
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Why is the boss so upset?
Colleague 2: You brought up the subject of what happened last year in Tokyo.
Colleague 1: Sure. It was a good learning experience. We could use that information to make better plans this time. What's the problem?
Colleague 2: The subject of what happened in Tokyo is strictly off-limits. The boss has given explicit instructions that we are not to mention it or talk about it or even make reference to it.
Colleague 1: OK. I didn't know. I won't speak of it again.
Being off limits, the testing facility was surrounded by a tall fence.
Being off limits, the family never talked about crazy Uncle Cecil.
1) Earlier in her life, temples had been off limits to Mormons who, like Dushku, were married to non-Mormons.
2) Employees and business functions previously off limits to IT can now benefit from network connectivity; lunch rooms, assembly areas, ...
3) ... nonsensical to spurn real job creation by putting almost all of our coastal waters off limits to energy exploration, while urging other nations to explore their coasts.
4) He recounts growing a mustache and traveling in disguise to villages off limits to foreigners.
5) And she recognizes there are certain topics that are off limits.
6) Do we want to tell our children that some things are off limits to science and they should never consider scientifically thinking about them?
7) Now I love to cook and my kitchen at home is off limits to anyone but me.
8) But smoking and excessive drinking are not healthy for adults and are off limits for kids.
9) No question was off limits and, best of all, no egos were present.
10) ... growing up in a family where talking about or dealing with anger was off limits.
11) Did she share her notes with you or were those off limits?
12) Mocking of religious and their religions shouldn't be off limits regardless of what flavor it comes in or its degree of intensity.
13) I'm a stand-up comic and I believe no subject is off limits.
14) Let recruiters know if certain industries, employers or geographic areas are off limits. But also keep in mind that the narrower your search parameters, the fewer ...
15) It is primarily a respect issue, because religion is sacred and should be off limits.
16) As far as I can tell, this area has been off-limits to oyster harvest since the late' 70s due to concerns with pollutants.
17) Next, inform the enemy combatants that your ear is now off-limits for trash-talking and that you'll say goodbye and hang up fast whenever either starts ...
18) Do this in a well-ventilated place that's off-limits to kids and pets.
19) Fifty-seven documents previously off-limits to the public were made available, although several of them were heavily redacted to ...
20) I think I'm seen as off-limits, especially because I try not to flirt with the guys in the office.