"off the top of your head"
to say something without thinking about the subject too much, relying on memory only;
Related words and phrases:
A last minute business meeting is in progress ...
Boss: Welcome everyone. Sam, could you kick off the meeting, please, with a breakdown of this quarter's numbers?
Sam: As this meeting was called at the last minute, I didn't have a chance to prepare anything.
Boss: You are familiar enough with the data. Give us the information off the top of your head.
Two friends are talking about a popular TV program ...
Friend 1: Has the new season of The Running Dead started yet?
Friend 2: I'm not sure. I haven't looked at the TV Guide recently.
Friend 1: Off the top of your head?
Friend 2: Off the top of my head, I'd have to say, no, the new season hasn't started yet.
Speaking off the top of your head is sometimes necessary.
1) It is all I can really think of off the top of my head.
2) I couldn't wait to say things off the top of my head, just like the troupe in the pizza place.
3) I don't know. I am just rambling off the top of my head, so pay no attention.
4) This is a very short opinion, but off the top of my head I think there are some interesting issues going on here.
5) I can think of several use cases off the top of my head where this would be critical. The medical industry comes to mind.
6) Can you give me a figure, roughly off the top of your head as to what the budget was.
7) Do some research before bombarding us with excited thoughts off the top of your head next time.
8) Be daring and try something off the top of your head.
9) Do you know your company's vital financial statistics off the top of your head?
10) Only something completely original should come off the top of your head -- everything else should be researched thoroughly.
11) He shows knowledge and expertise (usually off the top of his head) on a daily basis.
12) This book lacked emotion and seemed Cormac just wrote it off the top of his head as if he meant to edit it at one point.
13) The book was not written off the top of his head; it was well-conceived and researched.
14) An easy URL that people can remember off the top of their head can do wonders for your online visibility.
15) I mean who knows the etymology of words off the top of their head when it's not even related to their field of study?
16) Who knows off the top of their head that the shot of your cat you want was 563 photos ago?
17) If it seems like it just came off the top of their head, that's when you really laugh, even though it might not have.
18) Off the top of my head I can't think of any one thing that causes him to fail.
19) I can think of a dozen potential reasons off the top of my head.
20) Just off the top of my head, here's some of the stuff that didn't exist in September 2001.