"off to a flying start"
having a very successful beginning to something while quickly making good progress
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: How is the new marketing campaign going?
Colleague 2: We launched the new product yesterday and it is off to a flying start with sales far ahead of our competitors.
Colleague 1: Let's hope those initial sales figures keep going over a longer term.
Colleague 2: Capturing the market early and successfully is a good sign.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: Sorry I'm late. What did I miss?
Friend 2: Well, the home team got off to a flying start with two goals in the first five minutes.
Friend 1: Rats! I have a bet on the visiting team. Maybe they can recover.
Getting off to a flying start does not always assure long-term success.
1) The clash was off to a flying start with a couple of goals in the first few minutes.
2) ... got off to a flying start where he birdied the first three holes before picking up another shot on the ...
3) On May 16 it got off to a flying start, closing up 9 per cent on its first day of trade at $1.45.
4) The winners got off to a flying start with two goals.
5) The fundraiser got off to a flying start with the initial target of $20,000 reached within six days of being launched.
6) Once you are up and running and you get your campaign off to a flying start, one thing normally follows the other and ...
7) The event took off to a flying start on Friday with city's landmark buildings being illuminated in pink.
8) Energy stocks are off to a flying start as investors cheer OPEC's surprise decision to cut production levels, pushing the ...
9) The new product is off to a flying start, with annualised growth at a sky-high 89 per cent.
10) The team got off to a flying start with three emphatic victories.
11) ... service has got off to a flying start and won overwhelming support, according to the scheme's backers.
12) The hosts got off to a flying start and claimed the lead after just six minutes of play.
13) ... ensured the party got off to a flying start with a visually stunning celebration of his homeland on the world stage.
14) And with this run of partnerships and wins we're off to a flying start.
15) ... first ever sedan that was officially launched yesterday night, is off to a flying start. So far, the Rawang-based car maker has received 5,000 bookings for the new ...
16) Queenstown's winter season is off to a flying start with good snow and freezing overnight temperatures helping deliver superb conditions for festival events.
17) We allowed England to get off to a flying start and couldn't claw it back by taking wickets.
18) ... on the other hand, got off to a flying start and kept his lead to finish ahead of teammate ...
19) He got off to a flying start although I don't think we went off too quick.
20) Mayo got off to a flying start with a goal inside the opening three minutes.