an exclamation expressing surprise, distress, sympathy or another emotion depending on context
Related words and phrases:
Two parents are talking about their son, Johnny ...
Mother: It sure is great that Johnny has found something constructive to do.
Father: I agree. I just wish he wouldn't play the same song over and over and over again on his electric guitar.
Mother: It's quiet right now.
Father: Are you sure? Listen. Oh God. He's going to play the same song again.
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Have you heard that the boss moved the deadline for the report up to tomorrow?
Colleague 2: Oh God no. Really? I'll have to work all night.
There is no gerund form for Oh God.
1) Oh God, I need to show this to everyone so they feel the same pain.
2) I'm spending a lot of time with my children, I think, "Oh God, I just want to be an artist".
3) He dumped all that oil on the water and the oil caught on fire -- oh God, it was a mess, he said.
4) Seems he got caught in his own net! Oh God, this is beginning to get interesting.
5) Oh God, what does he mean? What can he possibly mean by that?
6) His gaze swept the area, his expression fierce and concentrating. Oh God, oh God. What should she do?
7) Oh God, I should step it up a notch.
8) Oh god yes, the existence of the 'exercise bike' confuses me endlessly.
9) Then everybody's jaws dropped and their eyes bulged, and I thought, 'Oh God, I really loused myself up this time.'
10) Oh God, Mom and Dad are making us do this again.
11) Star Trek: Voyager' s uniforms were fine, but the civilian clothes... oh god some of the outfits were just awful.
12) Does she love this country. She is not a patriot. Oh God. Why did McCain choose such a VP?
13) Surprised I'd been found, I jump a little as I see her. Oh God, why does it have to be her who finds me?
14) Oh God, this breaks my heart.
15) I spent Christmas in Calabria with my friend's family, and oh god, the food. So delicious, but SO MUCH pasta and fish.
16) Oh god, is it going to be a long night?
17) Michael froze. Oh god, not again.
18) Michael froze. Oh god, not again.
19) But men in middle age? They know that hour well. Oh God, midnights not bad, you wake and go back to sleep.
20) Would you like some Shredded Wheat? Oh God no! Do you know how much sugar that has in it?