"on second thought"
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Am I correct in remembering that the outome of yesterday's meeting was that we should go with Company A to supply Part A?
Colleague 2: Yes, your recollection is correct but on second thought, I am not so sure that that is the correct decision.
Colleague 1: OK. What made you change your mind?
Colleague 2: Well, I was thinking over Company A's proposition on the drive home last night and there are a couple of ...
A couple are talking ...
Boyfriend: OK. So you want to watch "Roses Bloom in May", right?
Girlfriend: No, actually, on second thought, I don't want to watch a romantic comedy. Let's watch something with a little more action. Maybe a thriller.
Boyfriend: OK. Let's see what we can find in the TV guide.
There is no gerund form for on second thought.
1) Wait a minute. On second thought, it was a foregone conclusion that he would hide anything that might cause his ...
2) I wish I had a mind that was free of that. On second thought: Maybe I don't want to be a computer.
3) Legal marriage for them too. Hey, on second thought, why not abolish marriage altogether? It apparently serves no meaningful purpose in your ...
4) ... bring back a list of stuff they really, really like. # On second thought, better make that an annotated list of stuff they really, really like.
5) At first I only objected to #2, but on second thought have to agree with Mark. Numbers 8, 9, and 10 are pretty bad as well.
6) At first, the latter option seems ruthless and selfish. But on second thought, that's exactly how a meritocracy operates.
7) ... be prepared for some randomness, shaky plotlines and Victorian melodrama (though on second thought, that last one just may be a bonus feature!)
8) They are making a mockery of the Justice system. On second thought, the Justice department is making a mockery of itself.
9) I'll say, "No." and shoot him. No, on second thought, I'll shoot him and then say "No."
10) ... guy who wasn't necessarily talking about who won or lost. On second thought, strike that. Velshi was talking specifically about who lost.
11) ... swab and exam, you really should switch to working with corpses. On second thought, don't. Corpses deserve more respect than you've managed to give me.
12) Chuck it is sheeple like you I feel the sorriest for. On second thought I can't feel sorry for someone without a soul.
13) God help us if he is re-elected. On second thought, God help us no matter who is elected.
14) ... really interested to see a TV show following an all-women combat unit..... On second thought, nah. It would either be tons of drama or BORING.
15) Someone should explain this to Rick Perry -- though on second thought, it might not make any difference.
16) ... Disneyland, it'll be sensory overload and your brain might explode... on second thought, stop what you're doing now and go to Disneyland.
17) Would you prefer people shoot each other over disputes? On second thought; don't answer that I prefer not to know.
18) Maybe I'll do a follow up post about enforceability of TOS. On second thought, nah. I'll leave that to the legal blogs.
19) You have to look very closely to see it. On second thought, never mind. You're probably not smart enough to figure it out.
20) Apes can't handle any technology. It's too dangerous. On second thought, I saw some monkeys using stone tool. Maybe they're more highly evolved ...