"on the back burner"
not receiving immediate attention but still available
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Looks like we are going to have to put the plant expansion on the back burner.
Colleague 2: So, no expansion?
Colleague 1: Not right away anyways. We need to raise sufficient capital first. That could take a year or two.
Colleague 2: OK. Then let's turn our attention to what we can do now.
A couple are talking ...
Wife: I'm really excited. Here it is April already and that means our summer renovation project will start soon. I'm really looking forward to having a sun room off the kitchen.
Husband: I'm afraid that my quarterly bonus wasn't as good as I had hoped it would be.
Wife: Then the renovation can go on the back burner for now.
Husband: Thank you for understanding. As soon as I get a good bonus, we can go ahead with the renovations.
There is no gerund form for on the back burner.
1) ... again fairly shortly, but with no money available will be put on the back burner for a few years.
2) ... has put the territorial conflicts with China on the back burner and reached out to Beijing in an effort to revive trade and seek Chinese economic ...
3) ... potential move to Tottenham for the Spaniard will be put on the back burner, for the time being at least.
4) But music soon went on the back burner, as I began to fall in love with the ability to help people relieve ...
5) ... chase immediate success and young players' development can sometimes be put on the back burner.
6) ... a much-needed student family housing project remains on the back burner.
7) ... time consuming. That's why marketing so often ends up on the back burner for many producers.
8) ... just a mother raising her kids. I put my acting career on the back burner and did only two movies in eight years.
9) Corinne is putting romance on the back burner to focus on her clothing line.
10) According to sources, the bill was then put on the back burner after stiff opposition from several members of the Congress cabinet.
11) ... so the much needed debate about examining immigration gets put on the back burner. Australia needs to have this conversation.
12) ... to strengthen economic cooperation between themselves after putting their disputes on the back burner.
13) To be fair some of it got chucked on the back burner for a bit but at least it's given us a good foundation.
14) Indian women were on the back burner for centuries, but today, in new India, women are doing fabulously well.
15) ... with the idea five years ago. However, it remained on the back burner until Hammond and another group of businesspeople got together and decided to build the plant.
16) Talks started before the end of last season but were put on the back burner during the ...
17) Family issues may have to go on the back burner for a while but you'll have time for them later.
18) ... and I think that's something we can't disregard and put on the back burner for a few years to come.
19) Secondly, all political and development issues have been kept on the back burner and the entire election is being fought on the basis of caste identity.
20) Claudia put the idea of opening a restaurant on the back burner while she worked a number of jobs: ...