"on the blink"
not working correctly
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: I think the database is on the blink.
Colleague 2: Are you sure it is the database that is not working correctly or is it the operator?
Colleague 1: I am pretty sure that it is the database at fault because I am querying the same terms as I have the last hundred times and it is definitely not working.
Colleague 2: Then I guess you had better contact the IT department and have them take a look at repairing it.
A couple are talking ...
Wife: The washing machine is on the blink again. It won't complete the wash cycle.
Husband: So, call the repairman.
Wife: And if I do, that will make the third time we've had to have that old washer repaired. Perhaps it is time to think about buying a new one.
Husband: OK. Then let's start shopping for a new machine.
Being on the blink, his printer would not print.
1) My phone is on the blink at the moment, and that is the only camera I carry.
2) My modem/router has been on the blink and I have really missed reading TPS. I am now back on air and ...
3) It has been ages since I've sewn something because my machine has been on the blink.
4) ... and exit through emergency exits, because the electric doors are all on the blink.
5) ... after 10 years of happy washing it decided to go on the blink and $300 odd dollars later worked until the warranty for the job expired.
6) Unfortunately our sonar panel is on the blink at the moment... Tried to get the connections soldered back together this afternoon, ...
7) I'm at the press conference, but my laptop is on the blink and so I won't be able to provide the usual service.
8) OK, but it was all local problems, databases crashing, computers on the blink, software problems, hardware problems, the whole range of possibilities, ...
9) Our internet was on the blink more often than it worked, I'd call them constantly and had to do ...
10) ... if your EGR valve was in some way very clogged up or was on the blink. It either needs replacing or disabling.
11) Our NewTeam shower pump is on the blink. It runs for about 4 minutes and then stops.
12) Perhaps the computer was on the blink. No-one stays at twenty metres for six hours.
13) And suddenly the screen went berserk, like a home movie projector on the blink.
14) ... although my calculator does seem to be a little on the blink so that might not be quite right.
15) That's why it didn't work properly -- the GPS system was on the blink.
16) My crystal ball seems to be on the blink at the moment, so all I can do is hope for the best.
17) I find that my taste buds go on the blink when I have a cold so I need loads of flavour.
18) ... but if your new appliances go on the blink or are accidentally damaged, we'll whizz a new one out to you.
19) I'd love to win this prize as my toaster has just gone on the blink so it would be fab to have a replacement.
20) I had to change phones because my old one went seriously on the blink. It was about three years old.