"on the lines of"
roughly similar to something
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: I am really stuck trying to write this report. I can't even figure out where to begin.
Colleague 2: Why don't you structure it on the lines of your previous report?
Colleague 1: That's a great idea. A lot of the material is similar and I could easily adapt most of the structure. Regardless, it would be a great starting point, thanks.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: How is that new video game that you bought last week?
Friend 2: It is pretty good.
Friend 1: What is the storyline?
Friend 2: The story goes on the lines of other first-person-shooter games.
Friend 1: So just more of the same?
Friend 2: Well, it is similar to other games of the same genre but there are a few twists.
There is no gerund form for on the lines of.
1) ... to offer pension freedoms on the lines of those enjoyed by British retirement savers.
2) There would also be heavy use of both network shares and cloud storage on the lines of DropBox, OneDrive and Google Drive.
3) ... explained the project to be designed on the lines of the European mass transit system.
4) ... and explained by the instructor. Each week has an assignment, on the lines of "Write 10 jokes. Choose the best one and write a funny sketch ...
5) What I'm looking for is balance: that magical medium, probably on the lines of, what if we only drank on weekends?
6) ... new 18-article constitution to create an executive presidency in the NATO member state on the lines of the system in France and the United States.
7) ... is ceaselessly amazing to me how in one breath people will say something on the lines of: "Android is superior to iOS because of the variety- it's ...
8) Why should they? The argument seems to be on the lines of a 'moral duty'.
9) The elite troops appeared to be angling for a deal with the government on the lines of one struck in January that offered some soldiers large one-off lump sum payments.
10) ... but in this climate, they might seek a compromise -- possibly on the lines of the voluntary code of practice applied to media companies which agree to be bound ...
11) We think more on the lines of, 'how can we integrate ourselves into those platforms so we are more ...
12) When I came here to Europe I didn't think on the lines of playing international rugby. I really only came to play rugby, whether that ...
13) It is intended to structure it on the lines of operation Feed Yourself Programme in the 1970s.
14) Although modelling political victories on the lines of religious extremism and xenophobia may sound a comparatively early approach, ...
15) ... departed from the fantasy theme of the game and banded together on the lines of common language and/or ethnicity.
16) I've lived my life more on the lines of doing things I love and being content with being myself.
17) ... students came up to me in the last few weeks and said stuff on the lines of 'We're living in 1984.'
18) We are very, very happy both are going on the lines of getting back to fitness as quickly as possible.
19) Operate the new school on the lines of a joint patronage partnership model currently used in ...
20) The budget was on the lines of expectations and it's encouraging to see that the government is committed to ...