Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Well? What are the good and bad points of this new system?
Colleague 2: On the one hand, it would definitely increase our productive capacity. On the other hand it would reduce our ability to control the process.
Colleague 1: I suppose further study of the pros and cons is necessary, then, before a decision to implement is made.
A couple are talking ...
Wife: I just can't seem to decide which new washing machine to buy.
Husband: What are some of the requirements?
Wife: Well, on the one hand, a large capacity would be good; at least until the kids leave the house. On the other hand, waiting until there is enough laundry to do a large load may not be the most convenient.
Husband: Perhaps you can find a model that would take care of both needs?
There is no gerund form for on the other hand.
1) ... to steer the economy between two opposing pitfalls: high inflation on the one hand and high unemployment on the other hand.
2) ... the culture and traditions, which on the one hand seemed exciting and rich, but on the other hand, seemed backwards and awkward for ...
3) ... you all saying that the "world market" sets the price on the one hand and then saying adding output will not help on the other hand.
4) It's a fine line to walk, because on the one hand this is a good thing, but on the other hand some women simply ...
5) Perhaps they have not noticed that, behind the excess on the one hand, and the conformity on the other hand, lies that wait-and-see detachment that results from ...
6) ... the refugees and the claims of weapons shipments to the Taliban, on the one hand, and the stream of good news coming from Herat, on the other hand, ...
7) ... aim of dividing the powers was to exercise national sovereignty more effectively on the one hand and to impose controls on the rulers, on the other hand.
8) ... legislators, clergy, and others holding positions of public trust, on the one hand, and manufacturers, bankers, merchants, and others in commercial pursuits, on the other hand.
9) ... abuse that living heritage, poses a threat to our very existence on the one hand and on the other hand, points to our interdependence.
10) ... study narrows the gap between canonical accounts of anti-colonial struggle, on the one hand, and nationalist history, on the other hand.
11) ... a distinction between what you can and can't do at home on the one hand, and what you can and can't do in college on the other hand.
12) On the one hand, society is suffering because of its lack of knowledge. On the other hand, ...
13) ... final point as we ponder and consider the nature of our suffering on the one hand, and our dependence on God on the other hand.
14) ... holiness of life and conversation; with which being blessed, though on the one hand he meets with prosperity, and on the other hand with adversity, he is ...
15) ... made up of two segments -- the midrange to high-end smartphone on the one hand, and low-end smartphones on the other hand.
16) ... essential and beneficial service of providing an efficient allocation of capital, on the one hand, and facilitating (or exacerbating) the concentration of wealth, on the other hand.
17) ... helping people in such a way as to maximize your efforts effectively on the one hand and on the other hand helping those who are right in front of you.
18) They simultaneously threaten to collapse the Palestinian Authority on the one hand, and present the idea of a provisional state, which would depend on the other hand.
19) They are therefore glad to try to make up for the poverty on the one hand, by the riches on the other hand, and to bring about a happy marriage ...
20) ... and distribution services offered by wholesalers reduce the assortment discrepancy between manufacturers on the one hand and local retailers and consumers on the other hand.