"to be on the same wavelength"
to think in a similar way to another person;
to have the same ideas or opinions as another person;
to have a deep understanding of another person
Related words and phrases:
It's Friday night. A couple are chatting over dinner ...
Tim: What do you feel like doing tonight?
Joanne: I don't know. It was a long week and I'm a little tired.
Tim: Me too.
Joanne: Why don't we just stay in a watch some TV.
Tim: We must be on the same wavelength. That's exactly what I was thinking.
Two businessmen are discussing plans for the future ...
Bill: Profits have been declining for the past year. Costs, especially labor and raw materials costs have been rising. I have been giving some serious thought as to just how we can boost our profits.
Stan: Let's see if we are on the same wavelength. Do you think the best way to reduce labor and raw materials costs might be to set up a factory overseas where labor and raw materials are much less expensive?
Bill: It's like you read my mind. That's exactly what I was thinking.
"Are you thinking what I am thinking?", asks Linda.
"I believe I am.", replies Jane.
"Then, we are going to go skiing for the long weekend?", asks Linda
"Yes, indeed. We are on the same wavelength.", exclaims Jane.
Greg and a coworker are discussing an upcoming meeting with potential customers. Their boss had instructed them to develop an idea that would encourage the potential customers to hire their company. Greg asks his coworker what idea he has. Greg's coworker replies that he thinks they should stress the idea of customer service as the major selling idea. Greg replies...
"We must be on the same wavelength because I had the very same idea."
Being on the same wavelength with your work partner can help a project to progress much faster.
1) When the two levels of government are on the same wavelength on issues, Harper said he will be ready to work with Marrows' Party.
2) The Oilers was another example of a coach and GM not being on the same wavelength.
3) I think we're all on the same wavelength here.
4) We aren't and will never be on the same wavelength. Just accept that we are different.
5) Looks exactly like something I'd have typed up. We're on the same wavelength.
6) The first couple of months were us trying to get on the same wavelength, is this working, trying to develop the sound we wanted.
7) He tries to make sure the people on his team are on the same wavelength as him.
8) Arshavin should also have a number of players on the same wavelength.
9) We were on the same wavelength. I could talk with them about anything.
10) From what you have written, I think we are on the same wavelength and that you will find the same fulfilment and happiness I have found.
11) If he seems to always be on the same wavelength, and think in similar ways, that's a great sign.
12) If you are on the same wavelength as the orchestra it is so much fun.
13) It is important that you show your market that you are on the same wavelength as them, that you understand what is important.
14) They've all got to be on the same wavelength at the same time -- maybe the same split second.
15) It can happen naturally, some players just click and are on the same wavelength.
16) We need to tune in and get on the same wavelength as the young one and the family.
17) We're on the same wavelength. We see football in the same way.
18) Sometimes, Lil and I are right on the same wavelength. Sometimes, it's like she's on a different planet.
19) I am very much on the same wavelength, here. I have made similar comments.
20) You and I are on the same wavelength -I agree completely with your message in the film.