"to be on track"
to be doing something on schedule or to be progressing according to plan
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking about career advancement ...
Colleague 1: How long have you been working here?
Colleague 2: About five years, why?
Colleague 1: How many times have you been promoted?
Colleague 2: Twice.
Colleague 1: Do you think you are on track for upper management?
Colleague 2: I believe so. I am progressing at about the same speed as my predecessors.
A manager has called one of her team members into her office ...
Manager: How's that project coming along?
Team member: I just checked the schedule and Phase 3 was supposed to have been finished tomorrow. I just emailed you the completed Phase 3 report.
Manager: Excellent! We're right on track.
Being on track can bring a great sense of peace.
1) The growth of this debt bubble is unsustainable, as it is on track to breach $20 trillion in 2015.
2) Obama is putting us right on track to socialism.
3) We've got to come together and get America on track again.
4) As of today I've eliminated almost 50%. I'm on track to reach my goal in the next 18 months.
5) I don't even drink anymore.... I got my life on track.
6) We on track to meet our monthly goals.
7) In short, the project is well on track.
8) This year, I am on track to save 57% of my net income.
9) The latest figures keep production on track to meet USDA's forecast for corn usage during the marketing year.
10) Some locations that initially reported issues seem to be back on track.
11) We need people working to get this country back on track.
12) There will be ups and downs, but we are on track to see an ice-free summer by 2030.
13) They won it all last year and seem on track to repeat but it will be tough for sure.
14) Each week, we all think this is the week Bush gets back on track, yet we are wrong each week.
15) He just now got his career back on track, he really needs to do some soul searching.
16) And with an aging workforce in this area, we are on track to replace only one of every four retirees.
17) Once again, work toward understanding. # Keep on track! If you find yourself falling behind, get help immediately.
18) You won't have points in time and due dates to keep you on track, and things will slip farther and farther out.
19) And, so far, the daily email reminders are keeping me on track.
20) It is desperate that we get this economy back on track and the jobs will come back.