"once the dust settles"
when the current commotion or turmoil has subsided
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Things sure have been crazy around here lately.
Colleague 2: That's to be expected when we are in the middle of a corporate merger.
Colleague 1: It sure is difficult to concentrate on work with all the changes and uncertainty.
Colleague 2: Things will get back to normal once the dust settles.
A couple are talking ...
Wife: It is really difficult to keep track of our finances.
Husband: You have a new job and I have a new job and we have just bought a new house. There is a lot going on in our life just now. I am sure that when we have been in our new jobs and house for a couple of months that everything will calm down.
Wife: OK. Well, once the dust has settled, I will make a household budget and get better control of the finances.
There is no gerund form for once the dust settles.
1) We have 27 public sector banks right now. Once the dust settles, I think we will have, may be, 8-10 very competitive banks.
2) It will be very interesting to see what we are left with once the dust settles after the federal election.
3) ... or take up their family legacies in their own unique way. Once the dust settles and the battles are won, it is they who are likely to be standing ...
4) Arya has to once watch her father die. Once the dust settles, the characters we love will be damaged beyond repair.
5) ... terms of the low oil prices and the job losses. But once the dust settles, the truth is it has got to get rebuilt.
6) ... what is really going on I don't know. I suppose once the dust settles we should be able to work out most of the behind-the-scenes ructions.
7) ... may not have their way once the dust settles on their violent agitation for quotas in jobs and colleges.
8) Stock valuations are not stretched to extreme levels. Once the dust settles, there may still be light at the end of the tunnel.
9) ... about the divorce, but the lovely thing about it is that once the dust settles, you are able to shake hands and agree to move on without any showbiz ...
10) Months later, once the dust settles, you realise there's been little effective legislative or policy action of substance.
11) Hopefully some good will come of all of this and I pray that once the dust has settled, the hyper-connectivity of the information age that has brought to light the ...
12) ... opportunity to have a free and frank discussion with Mr Mitchell and colleagues once the dust has settled.
13) ... are just marring their struggle when they destroy the properties they will need once the dust has settled.
14) ... enumerations, machinations and recriminations are underway. In the coming weeks, once the dust has settled, the candidates and parties will be reflecting on what went right, ...
15) ... minds it is about beating your rivals and winning the trophy, and once the dust has settled the points are crucial to getting the season on track.
16) Of course, whether we'll understand it all once the dust has settled is another matter entirely.
17) And perhaps in 30 to 40 years, once the dust has settled, we will be able to see that there were, ...
18) The consequences of the recent assault will only be visible once the dust has settled.
19) ... but once the dust has settled the divisions are certain to be profound and the feelings of resentment bitter ...
20) Nothing meaningful will have changed once the dust has settled.