"out of the woods"
out of a very difficult situation;
out of danger
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: That was quite a fiasco with three of the five machines on the production line failing at the same time. Have we got production up to full capacity again?
Colleague 2: We are pretty well up to point we were before the trouble.
Colleague 1: Great. Then we can relax a little and take a little rest.
Colleague 2: We are not out of the woods yet. The repairs we made may only work temporarily. Something could still go wrong. We really need to look at a long-term solution before we can assume the trouble has passed.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: How is Larry?
Friend 2: After six hours of surgery, the doctors have reported that Larry is in stable condition.
Friend 1: That's a relief.
Friend 2: Maybe. Larry is not out of the woods yet. The doctors also said that with the type of injuries that Larry sustained that there could be some serious complications. Apparently, the next twenty-four hours are critical.
Friend 1: Let's cross our fingers, then, that all goes well.
There is no gerund form for out of the woods.
1) We are by no means out of the woods. A full and vibrant recovery is still many months away.
2) But Joey's not out of the woods yet. He might need a second round of surgery in a year.
3) Still, things may look really bad before we're out of the woods. The momentum toward environmental decline is already harsh.
4) Still, things may look really bad before we're out of the woods. The momentum toward environmental decline is already harsh..
5) It doesn't mean we're out of the woods or that we're in a place that we can feel safe.
6) Just when we thought we were out of the woods, here comes another bout of snow!
7) But UC is not out of the woods, with Brown stating in his revised budget proposal that if he is not successful ...
8) I know we are not out of the woods yet, but optimism seems to dominate most conversations.
9) ... two recessions which had the smallest declines, and we are not out of the woods yet. If we see a relapse and actually see negative growth the comparison will ...
10) ... save the U.S. from another depression, but the country isn't out of the woods yet. They have a lot of work left to do in order to convince ...
11) ... is now installed on your system. However, you aren't out of the woods yet -- the next step is making sure your network, sound, video, ...
12) ... they've definitely made drastic improvements, but they're not quite out of the woods yet. And they may never be.
13) However, you are not out of the woods yet as to be absolved of any criminal liability, you must also have withdrawn ...
14) ... making significant progress and we are pleased, but we are not out of the woods yet. There is a lot to be done before restoring full service.
15) He was walking and seemed to be talking well so I was out of the woods. Or, so I thought. It wasn't until I took another look ...
16) I know better than to think I'm out of the woods yet so any little bit certainly does help.
17) So we aren't out of the woods yet, but the process has started, and there is hope in the air.
18) I'm not out of the woods, but at least I'm no longer sinking slowly into quicksand either.
19) For companies that are out of the woods and poised for significant appreciation, I look at a company like ...
20) ... possibly because of a rising stock market, but we are not out of the woods yet and this is an anemic recovery at best.