"out of your head"
to become irrational due to emotional distress
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Just tell the customer that you made a mistake.
Colleague 2: Are you out of your head? I'll lose the account.
Colleague 1: I am completely rational. I believe that if you explain the situation that you will not only keep your customer but make the relationship stronger through trust.
Colleague 2: You are crazy!
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: Have you heard anything yet? It has been over twelve hours since you reported your son missing.
Friend 2: Nothing. No word.
Friend 1: You must be going out of your head with worry.
Friend 2: I feel like I will collapse into a quivering ball any minute now.
Going out of your head with worry when your child is missing is completely natural.
1) People who saw me hobbling backwards must have thought I was out of my head.
2) Asked if I needed help with anything as I was obviously out of my head to have walked into the middle of the road without watching.
3) ... is completely out of his head or you may think he's one of the most influential voices of our generation.
4) The jury rejected Rickard's account of being out of his head when he drove around a "Road Closed" sign, closed his eyes, ...
5) History suggested that Harmon was out of his head. No team had ever won a Super Bowl after trailing by more than 10 ...
6) Judge, this man was just completely out of his head -- that's why it's a second-degree murder and not a first.
7) ... do such a thing? At my age? You must be out of your head.
8) The mutual fund friend said something like you are out of your head and could easily lose your entire $35k investment.
9) You're not going out of your head. You're slowly and systematically being driven out of your mind.
10) No! You must be out of your head to make that statement.
11) ... is out of her head with worry and thinks Cameron is back to get them.
12) Making it impossible to argue that a man out of his head with anger, enraged enough to kill would take the time to ...
13) With this complete absence of civilisation, is Nick going out of his head with loneliness?
14) The dad was pretty much out of his head with distress, officers couldn't even talk to him.
15) The dog lover said she was going out of her head with panic and feared Norma Jean was lost forever.
16) Marie is out of her head with worry over the danger that threatens her doll.
17) And the mother-of-five is out of her head with worry as she hopes against hope that her son will walk through the door ...
18) She was out of her head with fear and pain and under the influence of nerves and chemicals beyond her control.
19) I was half out of my head with grief and worry and distress, ...
20) ... the sense of isolation was devastating and I became half out of my head with pain and exhaustion.