"(to be) par for the course"
just what you might expect
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: I spent a lot of time working on that presentation and once again the boss gave me no credit.
Colleague 2: That is par for the course around here. The boss always takes the credit for whatever his team does.
Colleague 1: Well, if that is his usual behavior, perhaps it is time to look for another job.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: Where's Patricia? The movie is about to start.
Friend 2: Being late is par for the course for Patricia. She has real issues with time management.
Friend 1: Then let's go in. If being late is Patricia's typical behavior, then there is no point in waiting for her.
Being par for the course, he hadn't really expected anything better.
1) I was up at 3am on Christmas morning which would have been par for the course when I was 13, but I haven't been that excited ...
2) But since tough challenges, wacky situations and unusual settings were merely par for the course on our round-the-world trip, I had evolved into a highly adaptable ...
3) ... the problem: (Increase the cost of drugs by destroying competition) Sounds about par for the course.
4) ... the fact that he's commenting on books he's never read; that's par for the course with him.
5) Congress is adjourning without passing a budget. Sadly, that is par for the course nowadays.
6) Although "inconsistent" is kind of par for the course with most young pitchers.
7) Having some type of distraction or something going wrong is pretty much par for the course.
8) With my first child, I assumed that my aching back was par for the course and suffered through it.
9) If your first one is dumb, that's par for the course. Accept it as a possibility and let it go.
10) ... noticing how Lowell is now trying to walk around his error without mentioning it. Par for the course, I guess -- sigh.
11) ... cutting costs like never before. Charging for drinks, snacks and check-in baggage is par for the course these days.
12) So get ready, black eyes and bloody lips are par for the course. If you want to be a CEO of a startup, ...
13) Mix things up. Routines are par for the course in a long-term relationship. But you can easily break them!
14) ... development, but if anything is amiss, they aren't letting anyone know (par for the course!).
15) I grew up in the Philippines where tropical cyclones are par for the course. Flooding in the streets, collapsing buildings, and suspending public ...
16) The jump to the dire warning is par for the course today. Take some knowledge, mix it with the prevailing thought ...
17) ... view as abusive behavior that straight women often accept as par for the course.
18) Newhouse brushed off the fact check as par for the course in political campaigns.
19) ... people sometimes describe modern CDs mastered at levels that were par for the course until the late 90s as sounding unprofessional.
20) In non-high-tech circles, hacks like this are par for the course -- usually, a company doesn't hire a security specialist until ...