"to pay the piper"
to accept the unpleasant results of something you have done
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: I have been stalling on getting that sales presentation ready and now the deadline is two days away.
Colleague 2: I suppose you will have to pay the piper now.
Colleague 1: No fun for me this weekend. I will have to work non-stop to get the presentation done.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: What's wrong with your car?
Friend 2: I'm not sure but whatever it is the warranty won't cover the repair costs.
Friend 1: Why not?
Friend 2: Because I forgot to have the car serviced according to the schedule.
Friend 1: Now you will pay the piper.
Friend 2: Instead of having paid a couple of hundred dollars for the scheduled services, now it's going to cost me a couple of thousand dollars to have my car repaired.
Paying the piper for not having done homework all semester means a great deal of studying at the end of the semester.
1) ... payments that they actually can't meet. But we don't ever pay the piper, we just accept another credit card or line of credit and continue on our ...
2) ... but Canada will still have to pay the piper for it carelessness.
3) ... getting a break in past years and now it's time to "pay the piper". The correction means we are now all paying a fair share of the ...
4) Karma can be a bitch when the time to pay the piper for such staggering hypocrisy rolls around.
5) ... duh, that's how loans work. Some day you have to pay the piper, and you have to pay them no matter what.
6) ... if something goes wrong then you're the guy who will have to pay the piper.
7) Someone has to pay the piper for the TopUp... if its from a bank account, there are charges.
8) ... choice than the alternative back then, but now it's time to pay the piper.
9) They were happy enough to gain from prohibition BS, now time to pay the piper as science proves just how wrong they were and are and they are seen for ...
10) The day will come when PayPal has to pay the piper for it's bad behaviour.
11) When the time came to pay the piper -- in this case, the credit card bill -- the patient was forced to ...
12) I realise that you have to pay the piper and there is no such thing as a free lunch blah blah blah, but ...
13) Celebrate now! Sooner or later you will have to pay the piper.
14) The US is going to have to pay the piper at some point for what they are doing.
15) ... got us into this mess in the first place so they have to pay the piper.
16) ... and now it is time for the democrats to pay the piper for allowing their party to be hijacked by the socialist wing of the party.
17) ... that you will not answer the phone call when it comes time to pay the piper. It has gotten so far out of balance.
18) Therefore Apple need to pay the piper by making the public aware that Apple wrongfully and fraudulently misled them.
19) Enjoy today for tomorrow you will have to pay the piper.
20) ... the baby boomers are starting to hit retirement age, the time to pay the piper is drawing nigh.