"to pay through the nose"
to pay far too much money for something
Related words and phrases:
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: I refuse to pay so much money just to get a particular brand name on a product.
Friend 2: It is kind of crazy to pay through the nose for a product of equal value.
Friend 1: But if you want the latest j-Phone, then you have no choice but to pay.
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Trevor forgot the printed material for the exposition he is manning the booth at.
Colleague 2: Then we'll ship it out to him.
Colleague 1: But he needs it by tomorrow morning and there are twenty kilograms of materials.
Colleague 2: Then we'll have to send it overnight.
Colleague 1: We're going to pay through the nose for that.
Colleague 2: It'll cost a lot of money but we have no choice.
Paying through the nose for an unreserved hotel room in high tourist season is normal.
1) You do not need to be indoctrinated by some idiot professor and pay through the nose to learn something new. Try learning on your own.
2) ... either tell them to screw off or make them pay through the nose for it.
3) ... otherwise people with a family history of medical issues would pay through the nose for coverage.
4) ... no parking, so the only time you can go and not pay through the nose is first thing in the morning before work.
5) ... your finger poised on your mouse for re-released Olympics tickets only to pay through the nose for a couple of tickets to watch New Zealand v South Africa in the women ...
6) Sat-nav is practically essential these days -- but you'll pay through the nose for it if you buy it as an optional extra.
7) Disposable jobs for disposable people. And all the while, students pay through the nose for a degree taught by one of us.
8) And yet, we have to pay through the nose to use public data, unless we happen to work for English Heritage, ...
9) ... there's a serious problem, and clubs are not going to pay through the nose for a player with issues.
10) I'm not going to pay through the nose for the pleasure of listening to idiots who should have turned their phones off.
11) ... in customers to proprietary hard drives, so they're forced to pay through the nose to purchase upgrades or replacement only from Apple, ...
12) Some of us don't want to pay through the nose with our hard earned cash to line the pockets of Branson and Murdoch!
13) Because we pay through the nose in taxes for the public education system. I am not opposed to private education ...
14) If you are in foreign country with out proper papers you pay through the nose and still get shipped out or do jail time until someone bails you out.
15) But you have to enter a daily lottery -- or pay through the nose -- to play St. Andrews.
16) ... having both a seniors/disabled bus pass and a job. They then pay through the nose in council tax.
17) You don't have to pay through the nose for a decent bottle. Between 6 and 10 is a good marker.
18) It's costing us emotionally and psychologically as well. We all pay through the nose for deceit, whether in increased insurance premiums, home and computer security systems, ...
19) ... get free school meals, free prescriptions etc, has to pay through the nose for childcare.
20) Why should we pay through the nose so some greedy bastards cream off the profits?