someone who is excessively careful with giving or spending money;
a stingy person
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Don't throw that piece of paper in the garbage.
Colleague 2: Why not? It is full of errors and I need to redo it.
Colleague 1: Because the back side of the paper is still blank and you can use it for scrap paper.
Colleague 2: Seriously?
Colleague 1: Absolutely. The new office manager is a real penny pincher and you will be in trouble if you are caught wasting paper.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: What are you doing with that disposable plastic storage bag?
Friend 2: I am turning it inside-out and washing it so I can re-use it.
Friend 1: You are a real penny-pincher aren't you?
Friend 2: I like to be careful with my money, yes. And besides, these bags are worth twenty cents each?
There is no gerund form for a penny pincher.
1) ... won't even let my sister/daughter marry a penny pincher, a man without any discernible means of livelihood, ...
2) Even if you're a penny pincher, coupon cutter, and deal finder, you can still have fun thinking about ...
3) ... you can be highly qualified/educated and still be unemployed. It has made a penny pincher out of me for the rest of my life as you can have money today ...
4) If you're buying an A6, we're guessing that you're not exactly a penny pincher.
5) She taught me how to be a penny pincher, although you won't catch me looking through my neighbors' garbage.
6) I wouldn't describe myself as a penny pincher. But debt is just not something that makes me comfortable.
7) He tries to not be a penny pincher and I try not to spend as much. It's a compromise.
8) ... accused her of glorifying human suffering instead of relieving it, being a penny-pincher with her money.
9) You could be a penny-pincher and order only those drinks whose bang is best for the buck.
10) ... get a round in but simply can't. She's a skinflint, a penny-pincher - a scrooge.
11) First, he played up his brand as a penny-pincher by promising to "stop the gravy train" at City Hall.
12) ... her mother was also a penny-pincher. So we never had a problem living simply.
13) Whether you're a penny-pincher or a dollar-stretcher, or just overall feeling a bit light in the wallet, ...
14) ... worried about the monthly utility bill. Whether you're a tree-hugger, a penny-pincher or both, there's an app for that.
15) ... woo a customer it's only gone after in fits and starts - the penny pincher. Its "basic economy" fare strategy, which United has worked on ...
16) ... a stay-at-home mom who describes herself as a penny pincher, is so enjoying the bargains at the pump that she tweeted last month.
17) Maybe it's my inner penny pincher, but that seems like a lot of money to spend for ...
18) The self-described penny pincher also incorporated cheaper drilling techniques.
19) The penny pincher questions every purchase and never commits to a cost without first considering the alternative options.
20) Especially if you're a frugal penny pincher looking for cheap results.