"(to be) pig-headed"
showing unreasonable support for an opinion or plan of action and refusing to change or listen to different opinions;
Related words and phrases:
Two friends are driving in a car ...
Friend 1: No!
Friend 2: Why not? Washington Avenue is going to be a lot faster at this time of day.
Friend 1: Because I have always taken this route and it is the route to take.
Friend 2: Even though I can guarantee that Washington is faster?
Friend 1: No!
Friend 2: You sure are pig-headed.
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: I just suggested to the boss that a new system might increase profits and he refused to even listen to my idea.
Colleague 2: The boss is older and is convinced that he is always right so he often refuses new ideas. He is very adamant about keeping things as they are.
Colleague 1: Sounds a little pig-headed.
Colleague 2: Yes, he is a little stubborn.
Being pig-headed, the boss refused to see the best way to move forward.
1) Too bad the unions are too pig-headed to understand that when they make their demands.
2) ... your attitudes are PART of the problem. Listen and learn, stop being so pig-headed. This stuff counts.
3) ... is a delicate balance to be struck between, on the one hand, being pig-headed and closed to all ideas and, on the other, slavishly following whatever comments ...
4) Sticking to your creative guns doesn't mean being pig-headed, though, says Podeswa. He says if the same criticism keeps coming up ...
5) "Pig-headed" by her own admission, Wong has always viewed corporate politics with magisterial disdain ...
6) If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through.
7) He makes errors and openly admits them. He is neither stubborn, pig-headed nor is he senile, unlike his critics.
8) Even the most pig-headed Eurosceptics would have trouble arguing that the European Union would be better off without a ...
9) Harrison retains a pig-headed, entirely self-defeating autonomy.
10) I didn't go into it with some pig-headed mission to have no interventions, I just wanted to see how far I would ...
11) I've worked with two superiors who were bullies, and fortunately I'm as pig-headed as they come and won't let them get away with this on me.
12) This pig-headed insistence on applying austerity measures that worsen recession, that kill hope or any chance ...
13) ... even if some of your readers are too pig-headed to believe it, or too stupid to understand it.
14) That's not just stupid, it's pig-headed as well.
15) So, we'll just have to wait and see how pig-headed the nationalists choose to be about this one.
16) I used to be one of them. Stubborn and pig-headed, I didn't want to change. I didn't want to grow.
17) You always have a choice, but sometimes you're too pig-headed and stubborn to see it.
18) We can keeps our heels dug in and be pig-headed, or we can decide we are all in this together.
19) ...it's very hard to decide whether the Republicans are just being pig-headed, or if perhaps they just feel the bill needs to be better-written.
20) ... part of the same depressing trend, founded in human arrogance, hubris and sheer pig-headed ignorance.