notice that a person has been fired or laid-off from their job
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: With the company down-sizing so drastically, it is probably only a matter of time before we are fired.
Colleague 2: Every morning when I arrive at my desk, I expect a pink slip.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: What are you doing home in the middle of the afternoon? Shouldn't you be at work?
Friend 2: I got my pink slip this morning. I am now unemployed.
Friend 1: Then you had better start looking for another job.
There is no gerund form for pink slip.
1) ... ultimately fail to return value for my growing salary demands and thus become a pink slip waiting to happen.
2) ... family have had to spend a week firing everyone and then got their own pink slip after they had to do all the ugly stuff.
3) Neat as an employee prepared to be given a pink slip and told to clear out his desk within half an hour.
4) The idea of allowing employees to pink slip one of their colleagues seems wrought with legal ramifications.
5) As a tip to the soon-to-be-unemployed: when the pink slip comes, write a note to your credit card company explaining that they ...
6) So what do you do if your employer gives you a pink slip and sends you on your way?
7) ... infrastructure and government job programs and just rehire the people who got their pink slip after the crash.
8) ... intended to work the remainder of their working lives, suddenly they got a pink slip, their self-esteem is destroyed, they're never going to have another job again.
9) ... are the disappearing middle class, live..... how they struggle.... just a pink slip or health issue away from economic ruin.
10) After the last pink slip, and after being unemployed for almost 2 years, I left lab work and ...
11) ... status symbols and taking antidepressants to handle the fear that comes with being one pink slip away from losing their humanity.
12) ... to go home with after 40 years of service. More likely is a pink slip after three-to-five years of service, over and over again, until you can't ...
13) Here are three signs you are on the short list to get a pink slip and what to do about it.
14) ... sparing middle management, with 40 percent of its vice presidents are getting the pink slip, and two-thirds of the job cuts are coming from outside of the United States.
15) They have to sell their services to the boss -- or find a pink slip in the pay envelope!
16) ... do if you're unlucky enough to be on the receiving end of a pink slip? Should you start frantically looking for any kind of work you're even minimally ...
17) ... keeping them afloat for now, these folks are just one interest-rate spike or pink slip away from insolvency.
18) ... the massive layoffs but obviously necessary. I feel for those that got that pink slip. I was like that once.
19) Nope. That's a one way ticket to a pink slip. If you are going to miss a day of work you always send notice ...
20) Needless to say, I hated my job and getting the pink slip from my boss was my bitter-sweet release.