"to play your cards right"
to do the correct things to achieve a desired result
Related words and phrases:
A manager and a supervisor are talking ...
Supervisor: Do you really think that I might have your job one day?
Manager: Absolutely. Retirement is not far off for me. If you play your cards right, the job is yours.
Supervisor: How do I do that?
Manager: Make sure that you always have your reports in on time. Keep productivity in the plant at or exceeding projections. Take some management courses and watch what I do and do the same.
A couple are talking over breakfast ...
Husband: What's for supper tonight?
Wife: I was planning to make that casserole you like so much.
Husband: That's great. And will you be making your famous coconut cream pie?
Wife: If you play your cards right.
Husband: Oh, OK. Here let me do the breakfast dishes. Is there any garbage that needs taking out? Do you want me to pick up anything on my way home?
Playing their cards right by not revealing their full strategy, they managed to achieve a successful outcome to the negotiation.
1) The truth is that if you play your cards right, you can get the same or even better services from a free dating ...
2) Flowers and chocolates symbolize different meanings and you should play your cards right or you might be sending a wrong message to her and lose her in ...
3) You can attend "technical briefings" and, if you play your cards right, you can secure an interview with a commissioner.
4) And, if you play your cards right, they will let you read it, too, when they are done.
5) ... lot of money can be a great thing... but only if you play your cards right.
6) ... don't worry if it's not your ideal position. Play your cards right and there will be opportunities to move. Work hard and be super nice ...
7) ... the possibility of a second chance. Ultimately a happy ending if you play your cards right. A new and improved you may emerge.
8) ... access to a lot more than what at first appears. You play your cards right, and the sky is the limit.
9) ... fish tanks with more than 50 different kinds of fish. If you play your cards right, they'll be swimming in your aquarium soon, too!
10) It's about the triumph of interdependence, and starkly beautiful. Play your cards right, though. Chandigarh is very security conscious, and Corb's buildings are ...
11) I recently made some blueberry and vanilla scones. If you play your cards right, I could be baking some for you.
12) ... also called the Platinum Coast because of all the expensive hotels, but play your cards right and you'll find some excellent deals.
13) ... remember that the minimum CPC on Google Adwords is only 5 cent so play your cards right and you can have high profits.
14) It's important to play your cards right. After all, you'll probably get one chance to make your move.
15) ... but the return on investment can obviously be substantial if you play your cards right.
16) ... borrowing for business can help you to build strong business credit if you play your cards right.
17) But if you play your cards right, you'll be on the cutting edge, and you'll always be ...
18) You should know that these immediate feelings could change if you don't play your cards right. You need to keep her interested throughout the evening and convey to her ...
19) So if you play your cards right, you are guaranteed to get that first job.
20) Play your cards right, and you can create a steady revenue stream that helps boost your bottom line.