"(to be) playing with fire"
to do something dangerous or risky
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Why do you antagonize the boss like that?
Colleague 2: Because it is fun to see his reaction. And, besides, he needs to know when he is not thinking clearly.
Colleague 1: Are you not worried that you are playing with fire?
Colleague 2: What's the worst that can happen? I can get fired?
Colleague 1: I believe that is the risk that you are taking.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: Seriously? You are dating two women at once? That is playing with fire. What happens when you are caught?
Friend 2: I suppose the danger is that I lose both women.
Friend 1: Have you ever heard the expression, "Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned"? Either one or both of them could make your life pretty miserable.
There is no gerund form for playing with fire.
1) Republicans are playing with fire when it comes to how they are perceived in the budget process with voters.
2) ... by not allowing peaceful demonstrations to happen, you are playing with fire in terms of the future of your country.
3) ... he might consider that at the same time he is playing with fire. Rajoy doesn't seem like such a reckless gambler, but maybe he genuinely ...
4) Choosing to not vaccinate is playing with fire. If you don't trust your pediatrician, get a new one!
5) Perhaps I just think it's playing with fire to have friends in which you are both physically and emotionally attracted, because it ...
6) Israel is playing with fire. It gets us involved in their covert war, ...
7) It seems to me that Obama is really playing with fire. He should quit looking for end-runs around the Constitution and do his job instead.
8) ... if the agent is a family member or close friend, you are playing with fire if you make your decision based only from a conversation.
9) It seems like they are playing with fire if you ask me. Copy shops have been held liable for making copies of ...
10) We have to start thinking about reducing the risk and and stop playing with fire. We have to start taking our responsibility as custodians of Earth seriously.
11) This is about playing with fire, as personified by a man who would thoroughly damage 99% of the people of ...
12) We know that we're playing with fire and we might not want to know some of the real answers to these questions.
13) ... and basically they're playing with fire when it comes to trying to be humorous with dangerous ideas.
14) Still whoever is moving the strings in the backstage, he is playing with fire that can burn the whole nation down.
15) ... but they are playing with fire and are really stupid for violating the spirit of the ruling, even if they ...
16) Yes, in retrospect of course I know that I was "playing with fire" as the saying goes. Believe me, I blamed myself for years.
17) Truly addicted people would definitely be playing with fire if they tried controlled drinking from my 25 yrs of experience.
18) ... of the stability of the country. They must realise that they are playing with fire and, once there is total chaos, it is very difficult to bring things ...
19) Having one partner is risky business, having multiple partners is playing with fire, so make sure to always practice safe sex and go for regular check-ups.
20) ... from most people to an injury is "surgery" but that's playing with fire. No-one has found a surgical solution for his problem and it's not always ...