"to polish off"
to eat, consume, exhaust, or complete all of something quickly and easily
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: I really don't want to work late for yet another night but the boss wants this report ready by tomorrow.
Colleague 2: If we really concentrate and work hard we can polish off the report in an hour.
Colleague 1: And go home on time. That would be great.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: Hey! There is no more beer in the fridge. I get home late and you guys have drunk all the beer.
Friend 2: Ya, we polished it off about an hour ago. The game on TV was really good and the beer just disappeared quickly.
Friend 1: And nobody thought to go and buy more?
Polishing off the pizza, he was full.
1) And yes, while on this topic, I had polished off an entire packet of biscuits, eaten some leftover porridge, ...
2) ... it was so fresh and delicious I could have easily polished off a big bowl to myself as a main.
3) ... the British Open champion who made eagle on the 18th at the turn and polished off another 67.
4) We leave most of the noodles untouched, but everything else is polished off, ...
5) ... who kept a running tally of the caffeine count per episode, they polished off a whopping 503 cups over the course of the seven seasons.
6) They humiliated Mexico with a 7-0 thrashing in the quarter-finals and polished off Colombia 2-0 in the semi-finals.
7) I easily polished off the entire cup in less than 10 minutes because it was not too cloyingly ...
8) My maternal grandmother would pack us food that we ensured we polished off for our first meal, which was usually dinner.
9) ... overseas eating competitions. Later, I took on my first eating challenge and successfully polished off ten plates of chicken rice.
10) I only realised how heavenly it was once the plate was polished off in a matter of minutes, ...
11) Let's face it. You don't polish off a packet of chocolate biscuits thinking you are going to feel amazing afterwards.
12) Officials say that the next few weeks before the Games begin will be used to polish off the velodrome, ...
13) Tabatha training is a great way to polish off an intense workout. This fast paced, high intensity interval routine added to ...
14) ... to release an album in the next few months but has a few songs to polish off before it's ready.
15) ... love to buy a large pizza just to see how much of it he could polish off.
16) ... some people let it out in antisocial ways: polishing off the coffee without making more.
17) The tag team challenge involves polishing off an entire hotpot of piping hot food as fast as possible.
18) The quote had nothing to do with her deadly knack of polishing off opponents in straight sets, ...
19) I never stressed about eating in McDonalds or polishing off a tube of Pringles in one go.
20) ... a bowl of sugary cereal or slice of cake and you'd have no problem polishing off several helpings.