"to pound the pavement"
to apply yourself, with great effort, to:
look for employment;
make a sale (for a salesperson);
spread a religious or political message;
find a business opportunity; find answers
"to pound the pavement"
to walk, jog or run
Related words and phrases:
After many successful years, James lost his job. After some troubles in his life, James decides that is is time to look for a job. As such, James gets organized and ...
starts to pound the pavement.
Let's hope that James' job search is successful and James obtains suitable employment.
Sam is a marathon runner. Sam loves to run. Every morning, Sam gets up early and ...
pounds the pavement.
Sam goes out and runs 10km every morning before work.
Pounding the pavement can be a great way to find a job.
1) I pound the pavement when I need to find a job.
2) You pound the pavement in order to make sales calls.
3) He pounds the pavement to spread the word of God.
4) She pounds the pavement in order to solicit votes for the upcoming election.
5) We pound the pavement when we need to find investors for our business.
6) You (all) pound the pavement when you need to find answers to difficult questions.
7) They pound the pavement every Sunday when they go jogging in the park.
8) We jumped on Daz and headed into town to pound the pavement looking for work.
9) It's the difference between waking up before dawn to pound the pavement and lazing around the house all day.
10) It simply means you have to pound the pavement and be willing to put in more work than the next guy.
11) When it came time to find work I had to pound the pavement looking for something of value.
12) Before you pound the pavement and gulp the fresh air, make sure your body can handle the open road.
13) It felt good to pound the pavement while listening to 50s and 60s music.
14) You also have to be prepared to pound the pavement with your CV and portfolio.
15) Both sides continue to furiously pound the pavement in battleground states across the country
16) No more pounding the pavement to make up for what I ate.
17) Pounding the pavement for 10 KM will definitely put an end to your sleepy Sunday.
18) There is likely less competition surfing the online job sites and pounding the pavement, so your odds of getting noticed improve substantially.
19) She said she had pounded the pavement in two continents to get her start in modelling.
20) My son Christopher was 2 years old and had to follow me around as I pounded the pavement looking for work.