"to pour your heart out"
to express your innermost thoughts, worries or concerns to someone
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Andrea has been having such a difficult time in her personal life that it has started to adversely affect her work. She is really worried that she is going to lose her job which would make her personal life even more of a disaster.
Colleague 2: That is too bad. What is she going to do?
Colleague 1: Her plan is to go to the boss and pour her heart out about everything she is feeling and experiencing. Her hope is that the boss will understand and sympathize and give her some time to get everything straightened out.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: Hey. Where were you last night? The restaurant we all went to was really good.
Friend 2: Sorry I couldn't make it. Frank stopped by and needed someone to pour his heart out to.
Friend 1: Poor Frank. What was going on?
Friend 2: After three years in a serious relationship, his girlfriend dumped him for someone else.
Friend 1: Ouch. That must have been devastating for Frank. Did he feel better after talking to you?
Friend 2: Yes. I believe he was feeling a little better. Sometimes all a person needs is a kind and sympathetic ear to unburden to.
Pouring your heart out to your best friend after a disturbing life event can give some relief.
1) Kai poured his heart out in an online video pleading for support to meet his hero.
2) The rappers emotional tweets came a couple of days after Lala's death as he poured his heart out to the 28 million plus followers on the social media.
3) ... has depression and has bravely poured his heart out in another YouTube video called Dealing with Depression, ...
4) Young read a statement to the judge where he poured his heart out about the stress he was under at the time of the violent ...
5) He had pure vocal talent, raw passion, and poured his heart out with each performance.
6) I really felt for what she was going through during bad times and she often poured her heart out to me.
7) ... and poured her heart out on a range of issues, including body shaming, stretch marks ...
8) Cate Campbell has poured her heart out in an emotional post-race interview after qualifying for the 100m freestyle.
9) He looked hurt and vulnerable and, in his self-pity, resembled someone pouring his heart out to a group of people he wished would just understand.
10) ... easy to relate to and people paid attention as they could hear the poor man pouring his heart out.
11) ... took to social media to pour his heart out over his bundle of joy and posted a lovely message online.
12) Rana comforts him, listens to him and lets him pour his heart out and he ends up proposing to her.
13) Ryan begins to pour his heart out, sobbing that his Mum and Nan will be watching the events ...
14) ... she can not confide in you anymore, there is definitely someone else she is pouring her heart out to.
15) ... fully frontal confrontation was a much more effective way of raising the issue than pouring her heart out in an anonymous questionnaire.
16) She listened carefully as I poured my heart out, not saying a word until I was finished.
17) I poured my heart out and gave everything I had.
18) Be sincere and pour your heart out to your significant other, friend, family member or anybody.
19) Here's somebody you really want to connect with and pour your heart out to about how you feel.
20) All of a sudden, you want to pour your heart out and you don't know. Would that scare somebody away?