a very small amount
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Did you manage to get any support for your idea?
Colleague 2: Precious little. I simply could not find anyone who agrees with my outlook. At best, some people think that if I changed a few things and looked at it a little differently that they might be able to endorse my idea.
Colleague 1: Well, with such little support, maybe it is time to let it go and turn your attention to something new?
Two fishermen are talking while fishing off a dock ...
Fisherman 1: How's the fishing? Are they biting?
Fisherman 2: No. Not really. I have been here all day and have precious little to show for it. All I have is this one little fish. I probably should have thrown it back.
Fisherman 1: Maybe I'll try a different spot.
There is no gerund form for precious little.
1) There's nothing else out there that looks like this game, and there's precious little out there that plays like it. It's a real treat.
2) Demand for what?? There's precious little content announced for the device.
3) ... of doing so have always seemed like wishful thinking to me, and there is precious little evidence that lower top tax rates actually stimulates economic growth.
4) He has no sponsors except the New York Athletic Club, which pays him precious little -- "not enough to live on," he said.
5) There is precious little protection out there for young writers in the atomized digital age. Few places ...
6) No matter how you slice it, the American taxpayer has gotten precious little for the administration's investment in battery-powered vehicles, in terms of permanent jobs.
7) ... seems clear that trying to shove all that into 16GB would leave the user with precious little space for himself.
8) ... manage the delicate relationships and critical business of the board of directors. Remarkably, precious little research has been conducted into the nature of chairmanship.
9) Joseph Smith himself did precious little missionary work. Instead, he sent forth missionaries armed with his new book ...
10) It won't come easy, but precious little worth having ever does.
11) ... in which there is no conflict is the one where there's no debate and precious little thinking.
12) For some time now, there has been precious little to be gained by attacking a candidate's race in elections.
13) ... are being mistreated and underpaid today and precious little is being done to remedy the situation for them.
14) ... a writer lucky enough to create and run their own show is that there is precious little time to write.
15) ... engineering Earth's climate -- a field known as geo-engineering -- is that there is precious little we can do to shape the short- and even medium-term temperature of our planet.
16) Finally, we have precious little time to get better before facing the much better and more dangerous Duke Blue.
17) I fear that these momentous developments leave us precious little room for optimism.
18) ... where the days can be short and there is precious little ultraviolet light, this creates problems, too. All vertebrate animals need ultraviolet ...
19) The big men can block shots and rebound but offer precious little when it comes to post play.
20) And there is precious little on a Thanksgiving menu that is not made more delicious by butter.