"to pull the trigger"
to commit to a course of action
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: After two weeks of intense negotiations, you finally have a deal in place. When are you going to pull the trigger?
Colleague 2: There are a couple more details that I want to check on just to be absolutely sure that the deal is sound.
Colleague 1: So, when are you going to sign the deal?
Colleague 2: In two days I will commit to the biggest deal of my life.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: How is looking for a new house going?
Friend 2: Pretty good. We found a house that we both really like, the financing is in place and we have put in an offer to purchase.
Friend 1: So when will you take possession?
Friend 2: If all goes well, we should be pulling the trigger on buying our new home early next week. We've got an appointment with our lawyer to sign all the papers then.
Pulling the trigger, he signed to forms that would release the money and allow his business to begin.
1) ... been putting off that big-ticket purchase on Amazon, you might want to pull the trigger sometime today.
2) ... waited until the end of the season to pull the trigger on a decision that seemed apparent to everyone else for months.
3) ... you're a big-market team with deep pockets, you can afford to pull the trigger on something huge, ...
4) Of course, it's no simple thing to pull the trigger on a guy like this. We need sufficient actionable intelligence to do that, ...
5) ... very competitive price. But there are some negatives that anyone planning to pull the trigger on a pre-order need to know about.
6) ... photos of real women has made their shoppers twice as likely to actually pull the trigger and make a purchase for a dress rental.
7) ... that I would be kicking myself if I didn't pull the trigger. Okay, enough stalling.
8) The intelligence was never good enough to pull the trigger.
9) I'd really like to see all the secondary effects considered before we pull the trigger.
10) These transactions can take a while so you'll want to pull the trigger now for any chance of completing it before the end of the year.
11) Well, is it a good idea to pull the trigger, or is it likely there will be better deals for equally well performing laptops?
12) Its going to take something new and exciting to get them to pull the trigger.
13) ... but I keep pricing it out every couple weeks. I can't pull the trigger because every time I look, the prices have fallen and the hardware faster.
14) ... you're using time-limited offers, buyers often wait a few days to pull the trigger, so your offer-based ads are "losing" at first and seem to magically ...
15) He has poor decision making skills and can't seem to pull the trigger.
16) ... it seemed only right that I actually pull the trigger and order it.
17) You'll never know how successful it's going to be until you pull the trigger and run it.
18) If he sees something that he likes, make an offer. Pull the trigger. Otherwise he will miss out on an opportunity.
19) My question is: If the deal was great, would you pull the trigger?
20) ... financial ramifications of firing him will surely give university leaders pause before they pull the trigger.