"to pull your weight"
to contribute your rightful share of work to a project or job
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Leo never seems to do his fair share of the work around here. He only does the minimum amount of work necessary to justify his position.
Colleague 2: Do you want me to talk with him about pulling his weight?
Colleague 1: I think that is a good idea. Maybe you can encourage Leo to work a little harder. He really should put as much effort into the work as the rest of the team.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: Is that your son out there mowing the lawn?
Friend 2: It is.
Friend 1: But he's only ten years old right?
Friend 2: Yes. But he is old enough to mow the lawn and everyone pulls their weight around the house. Even six year-old Jenny is responsible for tidying her room. I refuse to be the one who does all the work in the home.
Pulling your weight around the office helps ensure you keep your job.
1) Clearly these guys are pulling their weight. Beyond that there are a lot players not doing their share.
2) ... accountability and clarity -- in a small group, no one can avoid pulling their weight and no one can claim they don't know what the goal is.
3) I had to speak to a member of my department for 'not pulling their weight'. They were not contributing to the pool of resources that myself and others ...
4) ... would actually consider renegotiating contracts with highly compensated employees no longer pulling their weight.
5) ... in time and money, to dispense with workers who are not pulling their weight, while not doing anything so bad as to justify summary dismissal.
6) ... to be shared and make it clear that everyone will be expected to pull their weight.
7) ... to understand that as a part of a family, everyone has to pull their weight. Even Sam has chores (he has to tidy the living room with his ...
8) ... able to care for their own aged parents and men being able to pull their weight with the laundry and the school runs and cleaning the bathroom.
9) ... tell Joe that he isn't pulling his weight and it's not fair to the rest of the team.
10) There was one time when one of my colleagues was not pulling his weight, nor was he being at all cooperative with other members of our team.
11) ... life has become much harder, and your irresponsible man is not pulling his weight at all. I can understand why you want to leave him.
12) Hopefully he is not just suggesting you don't pull your weight because your work is home based.
13) Although it's important to pull your weight, it's also very important to not take too much. Spreading yourself too ...
14) ... worked to get by. If you were able, but didn't pull your weight, the tribe would likely move camp in the middle of the night leaving you ...
15) I would be embarrassed if I didn't feel I was pulling my weight.
16) ... was having problems getting into work. I felt I was no longer pulling my weight. I felt very guilty and more than washed-up.
17) ... for letting the others we work with down, for not pulling our weight.
18) By continuing to allow this lamentable lack of progress we are simply not pulling our weight in this area and risk severely hampering the opportunities for the next generation.
19) ... to minimise your income tax payments to the point where you're not pulling your weight as a taxpayer.
20) People can see if you are not pulling your weight or you are not doing the right thing.