romantic love which a young person feels for someone and which usually disappears as they become older
Related words and phrases:
Two parents are talking ...
Father: I am getting a little worried about our daughter. She has been spending a lot of time with the neighbor boy. She is starting to become distracted and is neglecting her chores and homework. I saw them holding hands the other day.
Mother: Not to worry. It is just a case of puppy love. It is a childhood infatuation and will pass soon enough.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: How long have you been married?
Friend 2: Almost twenty years now.
Friend 1: How did you two meet?
Friend 2: We met in high school. Our relationship started as a case of puppy love but we did not grow out of it. We became best friends and after college our relationship blossomed into a true love and we have been together ever since.
There is no gerund form for puppy love.
1) My mother pooh-poohs my crush as puppy love and says it's only a month until lessons start again, anyway.
2) While he has encountered "puppy love" several times in his teens, the award-winning artiste, ...
3) ... this is a tale of adolescent puppy love that will appeal only to those who are just beginning to experience the first ...
4) When asked if she felt weird playing a schoolgirl in the throes of puppy love - since her real-life romance is of a more mature nature - Ngan laughed ...
5) She's no longer his puppy love, his crush, his girlfriend, but now his fiance.
6) ... find the situation far more serious than just a case of simple puppy love, commenting that child marriages are as bad for women as forced ones.
7) ... took us back in time to those days of puppy love, our first romance which no one forgets!
8) ... remind me of the Primary school puppy love affairs.
9) But their rose-coloured tales of first dates, surfing safaris, and puppy love couldn't have been in starker contrast to what happened in 1969.
10) ... the usual puppy love between two teenagers becomes a serious topic.
11) ... comes when the warm bubbly feeling ends after two or three days. Puppy love rarely lasts. That is reality.
12) This can also happen in committed relationships which began as puppy love in the teenage years.
13) Likewise, in cases of couples who started with puppy love in high school, when you are a teenager you are not fully developed ...
14) ... should treat children's early romances kindly and avoid teasing them or dismissing them as puppy love, ...
15) Don't tease your child about a first crush or belittle it as "puppy love."
16) Did somebody say that Grace and Neil were "puppy love" way back in high school?
17) ... briefly blossoms into a very innocuous case of teenage puppy love.
18) What I loved most of all was the worshipping puppy love she had for her brother.
19) There were also friendships forged, puppy love found and, of course, our studies.
20) I feel like a teenager caught in the spell of puppy love.