"to put your heart into"
to make a lot of effort to do something
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: That project has been dragging along for weeks now. When are you going to finish it?
Colleague 2: I've sort of lost my enthusiasm. I just don't find it as interesting as when I first started. At this point, I would just like to have it over with.
Colleague 1: Well, put your heart into it and you will finish in no time.
Colleague 2: You're right. I'll put some real effort in and get it done.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: I haven't seen Jay in a while. How's his new business doing?
Friend 2: Jay has really put his heart into making his business a success. He's been working at it day and night for the last couple of months.
Friend 1: And?
Friend 2: After only three months, he is seeing a profit. It looks like a big success.
Putting your heart into a project helps ensure positive results.
1) ... embarking on any interior designing or decorating project must be something you put your heart into.
2) When you put your heart into your work your hands becomes skilled.
3) It's a sacrifice when you put your heart into a job. Relationships suffer.
4) Art is a thing you put your heart into.
5) ... but whatever it is you decide on, you have to put your heart into it.
6) Simply because if you enjoy what you do, you can really put your heart into it and give off the very best shots.
7) We were led by a dynamic woman who showed us that if you put your heart into what you do, it will come to fruition.
8) ... is needed is hard work as nothing is impossible so long as you put your heart into it.
9) Now I know it never feels good to put your heart into a cause for a candidate you believe in and come up short.
10) You just have to give it your all, put your heart into it, put everything on the line and see what happens.
11) I put my money into this, I put my heart into this, I put my emotions into this.
12) And now when I go to the gym, I put my heart into it and I'm better dedicated and I want to be the best in ...
13) I would start every relationship with hopeful optimism and put my heart into it, but it always never worked out.
14) I feel like I can make the most of it if I put my heart into it.
15) I've put my heart into this so it means a lot.
16) The 61-year-old has certainly put his heart into the profession and loves working with children.
17) He put his heart into the industry and was a very strong advocate.
18) He was of great capacity and a consummate politician. He put his heart into whatever the assignment that was set before him.
19) With such intense acting, she put her heart into the movie.
20) Young says she put her heart into the business, but she just was not able to keep it open.