"to put your mind to it"
to decide to do something and try very hard to achieve it;
to concentrate on doing something
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: I knew this new computer tracking system would be the end of me. It has been two weeks and I am still lost. I just can't seem to figure it out.
Colleague 2: I am sure that if you put your mind to it you will learn the new system.
Colleague 1: You're right. I have been sort of fighting the system until now. I think I will start fresh and ask someone in the IT department for help.
Colleague 2: There you go. And don't stop concentrating on getting it until you are done.
Two students are talking ...
Student 1: Are you ever going to finish your PhD?
Student 2: I suppose I will one day. I have been quite distracted lately.
Student 1: If you don't put your mind to it, it will never get done.
Student 2: I am determined to get my PhD. I guess I need to really just decide to get it done.
Putting your mind to the most important task gets the job done.
1) I think you can become good in anything if you put your mind to it.
2) ... that to be successful in anything you put your mind to -- you must have a system or a plan of some kind.
3) ... that feeling of excitement and hope, that you could do whatever you put your mind to, if you worked hard at it and never gave up.
4) If you put your mind to something and you want it bad enough then you'll do whatever it takes ...
5) He's proved that nothing you put your mind to do is impossible.
6) I'm a committed guy. When I put my mind to something, I succeed.
7) but I realised that I can actually do anything if I put my mind to it -- I have heaps more confidence and motivation.
8) ... extremely hard worker. I had a very good feeling that if I put my mind to this I would do well at this.
9) I can do whatever I put my mind to, but my mind ain't on it.
10) I understand the challenge and believe that if I put my mind to it nothing will stop me from becoming a ...
11) He can probably beat any player in the world when he puts his mind to it.
12) He's serious. And I know that if he puts his mind to something, he'll do his best.
13) I've always taught him he can do absolutely anything he puts his mind to.
14) Once he puts his mind to something, there's no stopping him.
15) ... and matched with solid intellect he is academically successful at whatever he puts his mind to.
16) When she puts her mind to something, that's it -- she has a way of making the universe ...
17) ... is a dreamer, and when she puts her mind to something, she makes sure she gets it done.
18) I do believe that a woman can do anything she puts her mind to.
19) Self-motivated, ambitious and smart, she achieves everything she puts her mind to.
20) ... are testament to her desire to achieve the best result in everything she puts her mind to.