"to put your two cents worth in"
to offer your opinion or suggestion, often without being asked for it
Related words and phrases:
Two friends are talking ...
Ned: What's wrong?
Michael: My wife thinks I don't do enough chores around the house.
Ned: Well, you should...
Michael: Did I ask you for your opinion?
Ned: No, but ...
Michael: Did I ask you to put your two cents worth in?
Ned: Just thought I could help.
A meeting of a town council is taking place. There are about two hundred citizens in attendance. There is supposed to be a controversial vote concerning allowing a big box store to open a location in the little town.
Mayor: "Before we vote on whether or not to allow Dal-Mart to open a store in our town, I will ask anyone who wants to put their two cents in."
Of course, many of the citizens have opinions and suggestions so many people talk.
Putting your two cents worth in is often not appreciated.
1) I put my two cents worth in when I think my opinion is important.
2) You put your two cents worth in when you want to help.
3) He puts his two cents worth in because he likes to give advice.
4) She puts her two cents worth in on important issues.
5) We put our two cents worth in when we are asked for our guidance.
6) You (all) put your two cents worth in when you (all) want to make a suggestion.
7) They put their two cents worth in because they wish to offer council.
8) I will put my two cents worth in about life before you have a child.
9) Just thought I'd put my two cents worth in.
10) So you just put your two cents worth in because your fingertips where a bit itchy then?
11) I felt compelled to add my two cents worth and point out some of the problems I encountered with this tenon jig.
12) For my two cents worth, this is the fundamental issue that no one is thinking about.
13) I put in my two cents worth. My coaches wouldn't necessarily agree.
14) Consider adding in your two cents worth to the conversation.
15) Your two cents worth means nothing at all. This blog is recognised worldwide.
16) If you would indulge me, I would like to offer my two cents worth.
17) Thank you very much for giving me this opportunity to share my two cents worth and taking the time to read it.
18) I'm no expert on either machine but I'll give my two cents worth...
19) I am more than happy to share my two cents worth on the subject.
20) I have read it three times already so it's much more than two cents worth to me!