"to quake in your boots"
to be very frightened or anxious
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: There is big trouble brewing in the office today.
Colleague 2: I heard that the boss is calling each of us in to her office individually. Someone is going to get fired.
Colleague 1: Look at Phillip. He is quaking in his boots. Do you suppose he has done something?
Colleague 2: He does look very frightened and a little guilty.
A couple are talking ...
Girlfriend: Let's go to the zoo today.
Boyfriend: OK, but no snakes. Snakes make me quake in my boots.
Girlfriend: You're afraid of snakes?
Quaking in your boots is normal when a hurricane is advancing.
1) ... terrific and fearsome spurts of pure energy that left batsmen quaking in their boots.
2) ... are unlikely to be quaking in their boots, however, because the fact is that nobody is obliged to obey ...
3) Alaskan oilfield employees are quaking in their boots, and not just because of the recent earthquake.
4) ... and some seem to be quaking in their boots at the sights of hordes of desperate Africans flooding their shores, ...
5) ... every last one of these miserable, cowardly hypocrites is currently quaking in their boots, scared to death that people will begin digging up their old ...
6) I'd be quaking in my boots because he can see the tidal wave coming his way.
7) It scared me half to death. I was quaking in my boots when I opened up that (citation) letter.
8) At this point I was quaking in my boots. I was absolutely concerned they were going to plant something in my aircraft.
9) I was terrified the moment I met her. I was quaking in my boots.
10) ... who was quaking in his boots, replied in a tremulous voice ...
11) ... is quaking in his boots at the thought of Ankita finding out about his hot and steamy kissing scenes with ...
12) I'm guessing he's quaking in his boots job security-wise, as well he should be.
13) Yet a handful of Jihadi terrorists has much of America quaking in its boots, running to gun stores seeking protection from their neighbors, ...
14) ... responded that heights, and -- yes -- snakes make them quake in their boots.
15) ... descriptions of the potential worst-case H5N1 scenarios about which most flu scientists quake in their boots.
16) While you won't be quaking in your boots with terror at this cult classic, ...
17) Perhaps you are the groom or best man already quaking in your boots at the thoughts of speaking in public?
18) ... very tall and muscled, darkly looming over a poor wee girl quaking in her boots.
19) I am not entirely sure why her presence caused me to quake in my boots. Maybe it was her Type A personality, her imposing height or ...
20) Also, when we're scared, we literally quake in our boots.