1) an offered or requested postponement of an invitation until a more convenient, usually unspecified time
2) a ticket for future use given to spectators at an outdoor event, such as a baseball game or concert, that has been postponed or interrupted by rain
3) a ticket, coupon, or similar, entitling a customer to purchase a sale item that is temporarily out of stock at a later date and for the same amount
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: This new mentorship program is really great. I had a very rewarding session with my mentor yesterday. I learned a lot. How was your mentor session?
Colleague 2: It did not happen. My mentor had to go out of town suddenly so he offered a rain check.
Colleague 1: So when are you meeting?
Colleague 2: He expects to be back early next week so we will get together then.
A couple are talking ...
Wife: You are home early. I guess the baseball game was rained out?
Husband: Yes. After the fourth inning.
Wife: Did you get a raincheck?
Husband: Yes. I can go and see tomorrow's game at no extra charge. They even threw in a free hotdog.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: You know, I was really excited about trying out that new video game.
Friend 2: Alright. Let's play.
Friend 1: I don't have it.
Friend 2: But you went to the store super early and waited for hours.
Friend 1: By the time it was my turn, they were sold out.
Friend 2: Did you get a rain check?
Friend 1: No. The store was not issuing rain checks. I will have to back the next time there stock and wait in line and take me chances.
There is no gerund form for rain check.
1) ... can either transfer your booking to another available night; or offer you a 'rain check' ticket, valid for one year, to the same value as your ...
2) ... office, I ask out for lunch via email and she replies back with 'rain check' till next week. Ask again in person the following week and she ...
3) ... a product of a comparable type at the same or higher price, or a rain check (this enables you to benefit from the discount when the product you want ...
4) Promote another game title at a lower price. Offer a rain check and fulfill orders when more cartridges of the sold-out title become available.
5) ... percent success rates in finding orcas. That said, many tour operators offer a rain check policy, so if you don't see a whale, you can come back ...
6) There is still a couple of more months to shop before Christmas so a rain check is going to be a great way to extend the sale and make sure ...
7) ... his offer even though you already had a date. Then ask him for a rain check!
8) Really sorry, but can we take a rain check?
9) Instead of instantly committing to a project, ask for a rain check and take some time to think it over.
10) ... closes the Montego Bay airport and prevents your arrival, we will offer you a rain check which you may use for the same villa any time in the next 12 months.
11) Magaribina offers to buy me coffee, but our timings differ and we take a rain check.
12) ... relatives staying with me until the end of the month. Can I take a rain check and celebrate with you after they go home?
13) ... head over to the customer service desk at the store and ask the attendant regarding rain check stock of the same item.
14) ... have demo units out to let people try the system and perhaps arrange for a rain check if there aren't units on hand.
15) When the store restocks the item, after the sale period is over, a rain check entitles you to purchase for the previous sale price.
16) ... those guests a raincheck to return for another chance to see the animals. These raincheck guarantees have no expiry date and will be reissued as many times as it takes ...
17) Retailers should prominently display the terms and conditions of any raincheck policy in their stores as well as in their advertising.
18) ... just explain it was too short of a notice, but give her a raincheck for another weekend, just closer to home.
19) Can you manage Friday? I'll have to take a raincheck on that, I'm afraid.
20) You're better off giving him a raincheck for when you are willing to fully engage.