official rules and regulations that seem overly complex and frustrating which result in an incredibly slow process
Related words and phrases:
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: Have you finished making the arrangements for your trip to the Galapagos Islands?
Friend 2: Not quite yet. The amount of paperwork to get the necessary permissions is incredible.
Friend 3: The red tape must be bad. You started the process three months ago.
Two students are talking ...
Student 1: It's too bad you missed your biology final exam because your mother got sick.
Student 2: Thanks. She's better now and I am in the process of applying under compassionate grounds to take the exam.
Student 1: And how is that going?
Student 2: It's hard to tell. I spent the last couple of days filling out forms and being sent to various departments but I think I may be getting close. It sure is a frustrating experience.
Student 1: Ya, red tape sucks!
There is no gerund form for red tape.
1) internal IT is mired in procedure and red tape and just not responsive to needs in real time.
2) Do not let insurance, money or red tape prevent you from getting the treatment you deserve.
3) In addition to cutting spending, keeping taxes low, and curtailing bureaucratic red tape, we must replace outdated policies and ineffectual training programs ...
4) ... from my perspective (I work for a VA org.) is too much red tape; from the forms to understanding eligibility.
5) ... been stymied by ongoing political backlash among Eurozone member countries and the thicket of red tape that has bogged down what passes for a central European government in Brussels.
6) Hmmm, less people in the way means smaller government, less red tape, and more real help.
7) My message to the federal government: no bureaucracy, no red tape, get resources where they're needed as fast as possible.
8) ... and the red tape they had to get through to get on disability was a real nightmare.
9) Even a small town can have red tape and political disputes that may sour the environment in their own ways.
10) It cuts through red tape. It makes the tax code simpler, flatter, and fairer.
11) He originally quit C-Sec to join Shepard's team because of all the red tape.
12) Governmental red tape is a bane not a boon to success.
13) Government and FEMA money has been mired in red tape and well over $100 million dollars in aid still hasn't arrived for rebuilding.
14) This drain on the system and the red tape costs have a huge affect on the healthcare providers organizations.
15) Government bureaucracy, red tape, endless forms, tax rules for local, federal and state are complex ...
16) Financial obstructions, red tape, and cultural differences are simply a few of the challenges one might encounter if ...
17) ... building its own national database of searchable properties that cuts through local boards' red tape.
18) Let's cut red tape in the patent process so entrepreneurs can get good ideas to market more quickly.
19) From red tape to results: Creating a government that works better and costs less.
20) The documents containing the pension records were wrapped in red tape, and wading through such records came to be synonymous with annoying bureaucratic procedures.