"(to be) right under your nose"
in plain view
Related words and phrases:
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: I really don't want to move from my apartment but the rent is so expensive. I may have to move.
Friend 2: Perhaps the solution is right under your nose.
Friend 1: How's that?
Friend 2: Andrea is in the same predicament. Her rent is really expensive, too. What about the idea of sharing an apartment?
Friend 1: Great idea. And so obvious. Andrea and I get along really well together and she only lives just down the block.
A couple are talking ...
Husband: I can't find my glasses. Have you seen my glasses?
Wife: They are right under you nose, dear.
Husband: Thanks. Oops. I am always misplacing them.
There is no gerund form for right under your nose.
1) ... read about this exotic, wonderful and amazing culture that has been right under your nose but hidden so tight.
2) ... amazed just how many edible things grow in your neighbourhood, often right under your nose (or foot). From dandelions in the nature strips, to warrigal greens ...
3) How could something like that go on right under your nose for years? You know we can't trust her out of our sight anymore ...
4) ... is that you can always do some immediate good, right under your nose, at costs that are hidden, ignored or postponed.
5) ... instructor's own perceptual blindness, his inability to spot our cheating right under his nose.
6) The fixings took place right under his nose, how could he not have known what was going on?
7) ... life struggling for that indescribable, ungraspable, slippery something that was right under his nose the whole time: 'the beautiful ordinary'.
8) ... doing so ignoring the clear evidence to the contrary that is happening right under his nose.
9) Was it true that he couldn't see what was right under his nose?
10) Lies, embezzled family money, refinanced our vacation home from right under my nose. In past 7 yrs I always have a suspicious mind of him and my ...
11) ... what I need to make all of my dreams come true is right under my nose, but I haven't been able to SEE it yet.
12) It makes me wonder how many other amazing differentiators are sitting right under my nose and I have no idea.
13) ... had I, a self-identifying feminist, allowed this to happen right under my nose? # I can't really blame myself, though. After all, it ...
14) The worst thing for me was that it was all happening right under my nose. He would flirt and kiss her when I wasn't looking and I even ...
15) Hi, Please forgive me if I have missed something that is right under my nose - but is there a forum where us newcomers can introduce ourselves?
16) ... chasing more business, but neglecting to see that it was already right under their nose.
17) ... to blind people from recognizing opportunities. Even when they are right under their nose, they would not see them.
18) ... help educate my family and friends on what has been going on right under their nose and what is coming smack dab in front of us.
19) She didn't see or hear what was going on with me right under her nose. I recall trying to tell her about my step dad coming on to me ...
20) She's clearly found her niche, it was right under her nose all along, ...