"to rip out"
to violently tear something out of someone or something
Related words and phrases:
A husband and wife are talking after just buying a new home ...
Wife: Are you happy with our new home?
Husband: It's really nice but I don't like the tiles in the bathroom.
Wife: We can remove them no problem.
Husband: OK. Let's have the tiles ripped out.
Two police officers are talking ...
Officer 1: Do you think he did the crime?
Officer 2: I am absolutely sure he did. The problem is that there is no evidence.
Officer 1: Then let's see if we can rip a confession out of him.
Officer 2: Could be difficult to extract a confession.
Ripping out advertisements from the newspaper before your spouse reads the paper can get you into trouble.
1) It has to be ripped out and we need to start over one step at a time.
2) This little website grew out of concern that pink bathrooms are being ripped out of 40s 50s and 60s homes way too hastily.
3) Unfortunately, the previous owner ripped out part of the floor and some of the wall tile.
4) One of the Russian soldiers died from having his throat ripped out.
5) ... and having had my bag ripped out of my hand and checked by an over-zealous gate agent.
6) The Mukhabarat, the secret police, arrested them, tortured them, ripped out their fingernails, and that's when the rest of the country broke out ...
7) I've tried multiple rural providers, had them rip out their equipment because of the packet loss.
8) Never had a love quite like this. My heart's trying to rip out of my chest.
9) Use teensy scissors or a seam ripper (preferred) to rip out the the stitches about an inch on either side of the leg hem around ...
10) Positive energy expands; negative energy contracts. You have to rip out cancers on your team, regardless of how much it hurts you.
11) The book's coming. If the publisher sends me a copy, I'll rip out the pages and use them to line my cat's litter box.
12) ... have a spiral notebook for notes- the pages are less likely to rip out than loose-leaf.
13) I'm gonna reach up inside you and rip out the truth.
14) We had to rip out carpets, throw out furniture, and discard anything that encountered the water.
15) I can't help but think about the City of Toronto ripping out the community garden and sending its bounty to the landfill.
16) Ripping out the proprietary iPad docking connector and wiring the case to connect to the Android ...
17) With that she set to clearing the entrance, cutting and ripping out roots and vines alike with little difficulty.
18) Windows watcher Paul Thurrott reports that the company has been "furiously ripping out" legacy code in Windows 8 recently that lets third parties bring back the ...
19) The Last of the Mohicans came out, it got an R-rating for an Indian ripping out a man's heart.
20) There's also video footage of one particular candidate ripping out signs on election day.