"ripe old age"
a very old age, often associated with having had a long healthy life, sometimes used sarcastically
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Congratulations on becoming the company's youngest ever CEO.
Colleague 2: Thank you. Not bad for a man at the ripe old age of thirty-eight, right?
Two cousins are talking ...
Cousin 1: I was really sad to hear of Grandma's passing.
Cousin 2: Me too. But what a wonderful life she had. She was never sick a day in her life. She ran marathons until she was seventy and lived healthily to the ripe old age of ninety-four.
There is no gerund form for ripe old age.
1) Indeed, by the Hartford's calculation, the woman will live to the ripe old age of 92.
2) Hopefully you can make it to a ripe old age and then begin/continue to terrorize the streets with your selfish senile ways.
3) ... sad truth is that genetics do play a role and some smokers live to a ripe old age and feel great, others live to a ripe old age and feel horrible.
4) For example, some people may be better endowed and therefore could live to a ripe old age, while others with a poorer endowment may die prematurely.
5) Cumulina was the first successful mouse clone. She lived until the ripe old age of two years and seven months, a victory for her researchers.
6) He's a beacon in the game, but 38 is ripe old age in baseball, and his knee is not helping matters.
7) It seemed that eighty was a very ripe old age -- one that deserved honoring.
8) Just right you get to die at the ripe old age of 100 or so.
9) Edwards who sadly passed away last week at the ripe old age of 87, having just won 12 gold medals at the Australian Masters ...
10) Wallace S. Broecker is still kicking at the ripe old age of 81.
11) ... far as I was concerned, as a director in live TV news at the ripe old age of 27. Pretty great, right?
12) My dad drove to the world's fair at the ripe old age of 16 from northern Minnesota.
13) ... garage and pit crew since he was eight years old. Now at the ripe old age of 14, Thomas drives his own Sportsman car and has his own ...
14) And now my son is demanding his own phone at the ripe old age of 11!
15) She began to spend time in the kitchen baking with her mom at the ripe old age of 6 and graduated to cooking meals for her family by the age 10.
16) After a fulfilling career, she retired at the ripe old age of 29. I know, right?!
17) ... that we lost our little boy, Macalister, last weekend to lymphoma at the ripe old age of 14.
18) I was married and divorced by the ripe old age of 22.
19) He acquired his first fourplex in Oshawa at the ripe old age of 13.
20) Not everyone blossoms into academia at the ripe old age of 11.