"to roll with the punches"
to adjust to bad fortune;
to take a relaxed attitude towards life and its problems
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: OK everyone. It is time for battle stations. There is some big trouble in the market and we need to mobilize. Everyone cancel all their appointments and let's meet in the conference room.
Colleague 2: Hold on a minute. No need to get all excited over normal market fluctuations. Relax and roll with the punches. Let's conduct business as usual and watch as the market corrects itself as it always does.
A couple are talking ...
Wife: This is terrible. What are we going to do? How are we ever going to pay all our bills now that you have lost your job?
Husband: Don't panic. Everything will turn out alright. It always does. I am sure that I will find another job soon. And, besides, we do have some savings for just this sort of circumstance.
Wife: I always admire the way you can just roll with the punches.
Rolling with the punches, we just took whatever life had to give and never complained.
1) Entrepreneurs need to be able to roll with the punches.
2) ... but they said, "no problem". Nice they can roll with the punches.
3) ... part of the business. Injuries happen and you just have to roll with the punches.
4) ... biggest predictor of longevity is psychological resiliency -- the ability to "roll with the punches" life sends us? # Your mind and body are one.
5) It's been a tough week, and we've tried to roll with the punches, but we really didn't anticipate this particular change in plans.
6) ... time to absorb the information, you just deal with it and roll with the punches. I had a few crying days where I felt sorry for myself.
7) I am strong and can roll with the punches.
8) A sign of a true professional knows how to' roll with the punches' and still come up winning in the end.
9) Accept the fact that there will be deficits and just roll with the punches.
10) The following steps will help you roll with the punches. Relax mentally. Your mindset is very important.
11) ... insight into his remarkable ability to face adversity head on, to roll with the punches, retain his sense of humor, and remain true to himself.
12) ... flexible, relaxed, and unattached. Whatever happens, you roll with the punches. You don't have anything to prove.
13) ... are so many people my age in the same boat and we roll with the punches. The ability to laugh at myself, and my parents, has been the ...
14) Some people roll with the punches, while others crumble at the slightest obstacle or frustration.
15) I love how you seem to roll with the punches and make adjustments as needed in how you are handling situations.
16) How prepared are we to roll with the punches, when things just go badly for reasons outside our control?
17) This doesn't mean that they embrace the change, but they roll with the punches and adopt new technologies and paradigms faster than the rest of the pack.
18) You've got to roll with the punches and learn to laugh at yourself, your kid, and everything else.
19) I grew up cooking with Granny, who would just roll with the punches, more of a laid back approach, but then when something tastes off, ...
20) I could care less, I roll with the punches and laugh, it's just a joke! Lighten up seriously.