"to rub someone's fur the wrong way"
to annoy or irritate someone
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Why are you so annoyed with the new intern?
Colleague 2: There is just something about him that rubs my fur the wrong way.
Colleague 1: Can you be more specific?
Colleague 2: Maybe it is the way he sucks up to the boss or his eternally positive attitude. I find him irritating.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: That Joan sure is a nice person.
Friend 2: Yes she is but do not rub her fur the wrong way.
Friend 1: How so?
Friend 2: She will not hesitate to chastise you if you do something to annoy her.
Friend 1: Thanks for the warning.
Rubbing your coworker's fur the wrong way will cause trouble over time.
1) ... first to answer a group email or volunteer on a project, it can eventually rub people's fur the wrong way. It's even worse when the workaholic whines about ...
2) ... will likely have support. He's popular, he doesn't rub people's fur the wrong way like ...
3) But even he understands that his ostentatious displays may rub people's fur the wrong way.
4) I usually rub people's fur the wrong way, especially when I'm in a position of authority, ...
5) ... say stupid things... maybe if he piped down a bit, he wouldn't rub people's fur the wrong way!
6) The notion of fitting someone else's idea of who I should be really rubs my fur the wrong way.
7) The thing that rubs my fur the wrong way is that they disqualified this company with no explanation.
8) For some reason, that expression just rubs my fur the wrong way. Am I being too sensitive?
9) Jokes are part of our daily lives but there are some gags that may rub your fur the wrong way.
10) Someone's actions may rub your fur the wrong way so you talk about them to others. That's gossip ...
11) ... but finds herself not being promoted because she rubs people's fur the wrong way.
12) I don't want to be that guy that's either arrogant or rubs people's fur the wrong way. I like to be interactive, engage with fans and ...
13) He's been described by some opposing players as distant, with a personality that rubs people's fur the wrong way, ...
14) By no means am I calling her ugly or unattractive, but her persona just rubs people's fur the wrong way and she comes across as a bit trashy.
15) His tone rubbed her fur the wrong way, and then his observations grew more inappropriate.
16) She said her mother was too superstitious and it rubbed her fur the wrong way.
17) ... but his slow pace of rising through the ranks rubbed many's fur the wrong way and opened questions about his overall ability and confidence ...
18) But those who rub her fur the wrong way, live to rue the day.
19) ... but scratch out your eyes if you rub her fur the wrong way.
20) ... marketers have never had more of an opportunity to rub consumer's fur the wrong way and be publicly skewered.