"to run a fever"
to have a body temperature that is higher than normal
Related words and phrases:
Johnny is a 14 year old teenage boy. He often does not want to get out of bed in the morning. Yesterday, when Johnny's mother realized that Johnny was going to be late for school, she went to check on him. Johnny was lying in bed. He did not look well. Johnny's mother asked Johnny why he wasn't getting ready for school. Johnny said that he was not feeling well. Sure enough, when Johnny's mother put a thermometer under Johnny's tongue, Johnny was...
running a fever.
Johnny's mother kept Johnny home from school to monitor his condition.
Nurse Sarah is looking in on her patient. Her patient has just had surgery. Nurse Sarah checks her patient's temperature. She discovers that her patient is...
running a high fever.
Nurse Sarah calls a doctor because a very elevated body temperature after surgery is serious.
Running a fever could be a serious problem, especially for babies and older people.
1) I run a fever when my body temperature is higher than normal.
2) You run a fever if you have a cold.
3) He runs a fever if he has the flu.
4) She runs a fever when she is menstruating.
5) The dog runs a fever when it is sick.
6) We run fevers when we are sick.
7) You (all) run fevers if you (all) go outside in the winter without a coat.
8) They run fevers if they have been exposed to a virus.
9) When a child is cutting her or his two year old molars, they are likely to run a fever.
10) The weather grows cold, people start to cough, sniffle and run a fever.
11) I've never run a fever in my life.
12) Of the group, 170 had run a fever in the last 14 days with more than half being treated for malaria with drugs.
13) Most healthy children and adults can run a fever for 5 -- 7 days and fight off the infection.
14) She has run a fever for 2 days is refusing to eat and has the most awful cough.
15) She has run a fever anywhere from 100.7 to 102.7 since Wednesday afternoon.
16) Some children run a fever showing cold symptoms.
17) You might try to bang out the work while running a fever or sniffling away, hoping to meet that deadline and deliver on promises.
18) I was running a fever and I could feel my strength waning with every step.
19) It was tough for me today, because I've been running a fever, although it didn't stop me completing the programme.
20) If you find that you are sick or running a fever, let the doctor know and your surgery will most likely be postponed.