"to run a temperature"
to have a body temperature that is higher than normal
Related words and phrases:
Johnny is a 14 year old teenage boy. He often does not want to get out of bed in the morning. Yesterday, when Johnny's mother realized that Johnny was going to be late for school, she went to check on him. Johnny was lying in bed. He did not look well. Johnny's mother asked Johnny why he wasn't getting ready for school. Johnny said that he was not feeling well. Sure enough, when Johnny's mother put a thermometer under Johnny's tongue, Johnny was...
running a temperature.
Johnny's mother kept Johnny home from school to monitor his condition.
Nurse Sarah is looking in on her patient. Her patient has just had surgery. Nurse Sarah checks her patient's temperature. She discovers that her patient is...
running a high temperature.
Nurse Sarah calls a doctor because a very elevated body temperature after surgery is serious.
Running a temperature could be a serious problem, especially for babies and older people.
1) I run a temperature when my body temperature is higher than normal.
2) You run a temperature if you have a cold.
3) He runs a temperature if he has the flu.
4) She runs a temperature when she is menstruating.
5) The dog runs a temperature when it is sick.
6) We run temperatures when we are sick.
7) You (all) run temperatures if you (all) go outside in the winter without a coat.
8) They run temperatures if they have been exposed to a virus.
9) The troll princess has been suffering the most as she's been running a temperature for the last 36 hours.
10) I'm actually quite ill, running a temperature and have a hacking cough.
11) If your baby is running a temperature make sure they are feeding frequently and consuming plenty of milk.
12) He wasn't running a temperature or anything though, just refusing food which was very unusual for him.
13) I find our thermometer. He's running a temperature of 39.4 (103).
14) I pointed out that her heart rate was elevated and she was running a temperature. Her breathing was shallow and fast.
15) In his semifinal, Skip Mike Harris ran a temperature of 101F, but still curled magnificently.
16) I ran a temperature for about six days.
17) Witchlet One helpfully ran a temperature so he could stay off school with us.
18) By 5am, he was seizing over and over again, and ran a temperature of 102.4.
19) Was the dog running a temperature when it was taken to the vet?
20) They had been running temperatures all day before they took some aspirin.