"to run amok"
to behave in a frenzied, out-of-control, or unrestrained way
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: Computer problems?
Colleague 2: Big time. My computer has run amok. Any time I press a key, it cycles through all the open programs and then shuts down. When it restarts, it seems to be OK but then after a couple of minutes it goes crazy again.
Colleague 1: Sounds like you should just shut it down and take it to the IT department for repair.
Two educators are talking ...
Teacher 1: How is it going? I know substitute teaching can be a challenge sometimes.
Teacher 2: I am not sure what is going on. I can't seem to keep the children under control. The class keeps descending into pandemonium as the children run amok. I literally had one child climbing onto the window sill and then running across the desktops.
Teacher 1: Perhaps they would calm down if you threatened to cancel recess?
Running amok, the protest group quickly became a violent mob looting stores and lighting fires.
1) I think the federal government has run amok with power grabs and dictating to the citizens and the states.
2) McDonald's would seem to be the poster boy for capitalism run amok, by the lights of Communist theorists.
3) ... and that the incident was more of a clearly coordinated assault than a demonstration run amok. He noted the attackers used rocket-propelled grenades on the consulate and then fired mortars ...
4) We must not let fear run amok and become haters of things we do not understand.
5) He let his ego run amok and got fired.
6) ... of Americans have been raised to want more than they can afford... Consumerism run amok!
7) Don't you realize that letting the free market run amok with no oversight is what caused the critical situation that we are in right now.
8) ... not necessarily just hide links. It can also hide malicious code which can run amok on your site.
9) But when an intestinal imbalance allows it to run amok, it acts like kudzu, colonizing everything in its path.
10) ... bad public relations strategy insofar as it feeds directly into the fear of Israel run amok with no regard for the collateral damage being caused.
11) American drivers range from bad to intolerable. It's individualism run amok.
12) ... but unchained and left to run amok, those same desires can also lead to physical violence and the ultimate destruction of ...
13) Against this chaotic backdrop of military adventurism run amok, there is no countervailing force to balance a reckless, shrewd foreign policy.
14) Unfortunately, we know who would win when it comes to allowing development to run amok and it's not the wildlife.
15) Instead he finds emotions run amok and his friends somewhat angry with his own delayed arrival.
16) The puppy enjoys running amok, attacking feet, escaping and sprinting down the hallway, plotting, slurping while ...
17) ... all these high emotions running amok, people spreading their toxicity to each other.
18) There will be no disobeying. There will be no players running amok like those spoiled children in the NBA.
19) ... who've no compunctions about running amok shouting their dissatisfactions.
20) Politicians are running amok speaking wildly about surgical strikes or total war without the slightest considerations or consequences.