"to run rings round"
to greatly outperform;
to be much better than
Related words and phrases:
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: I wonder if I will get the promotion. What do you think?
Colleague 2: You have some very stiff competition in Lisa. In fact, Lisa runs rings round you in almost all aspects of the job.
Colleague 1: For instance?
Colleague 2: She is far superior to you in getting jobs done on time. Her skill-set is far wider than yours and the staff like her far more than you.
Colleague 1: I suppose you are right. I will not even bother to try for the promotion.
Two friends are talking ...
Friend 1: How was your tennis match with Eric?
Friend 2: He ran rings round me.
Friend 1: How bad did you lose?
Friend 2: He won three straight sets. I think I might have won maybe three games in total.
Running rings round his opponent, he won the match easily.
1) Each Jigsaw/Salesforce user now more productive, would no doubt be able to run rings round other sales reps at their respective companies who wouldn't have access to the ...
2) ...to create an entirely false impression. Unfortunately, many are successful and run rings round opposing counsel and the court.
3) ...but I've been a professional bartender for 12 years and I can run rings round 90% of the managers I've worked with on the floor.
4) Sure, the GTI will likely run rings round the Abarth, but in comparison, the execution is so clinical.
5) Considering what you said about how today's tennis players run rings round the players of yesteryear, today's baseball players are the same way.
6) I think that with the GPU upgrade the aging Prescott would run rings round BMW's system.
7) ... the latest generation of compact system cameras still run rings round it - but at least it doesn't feel sluggish.
8) The Xperia TL and the HTC One X are both available for $100 and run rings round the Escape in terms of both hardware and software.
9) They really love the game and were always excited to run rings round me and laugh at my lack of skill.
10) ... bit intimidated by them. Not in terms of academics, as I could run rings round all of them with my statistics skills.
11) New business models can literally run rings round their old models, which rely on favorable regulations and rigged markets to stay ...
12) ... who will ultimately succeed will be those small and nimble enough to innovate and run rings round the former industry giants, with drastically reduced costs and a superior ...
13) Before my nephews got older and athletic enough to run rings round my generation, they enjoyed coining phrases to explain why the old guys were always better.
14) Another team with a couple of fast guards could run rings round the slow bigs and dominate the game.
15) ... go as far as to say that the PC you're using today would run rings round the PC you were using back in the summer of 2006.
16) Using carefully planned and flexible troop dispositions, Napoleon was able to run rings round the slower Prussians.
17) An heirloom tomato picked that morning runs rings round a hybridised tomato picked two weeks ago in Florida and gassed so it turns ...
18) This tablet runs rings round the Kindle Fire, rivaling many competing Android tablets at twice the price.
19) We're using a brand new NoSQL database that pretty much runs rings round everything else out there in terms of performance and reliability.
20) You started the discussion by saying your $60 a month cloud package runs rings round some dedicated servers.