"to run with it"
to accept something, start to use it, and develop it further
Related words and phrases:
A reporter and his editor are talking ...
Reporter: I am just in a back alley behind a hotel and have seen the Minister of Defense exit the building with an unidentified female.
Editor: Why are they using the back entrance?
Reporter: I don't know. Do you think there is a story here?
Editor: Run with it. See what you can discover.
Two colleagues are talking ...
Colleague 1: I presented the boss with an idea for an app that could revolutionize how we search the internet. The boss told me to run with it.
Colleague 2: So what are you going to do?
Colleague 1: I am going to put together a development team, get a prototype produced and then start testing it.
Colleague 2: Sounds great and it looks like the boss has given you some autonomy as well.
Running with it, the reporter pursued the story.
1) ... which is most of the time more limited, and they just kinda run with it, then adapt it to their style a lot.
2) It is quite a flexible idea and hopefully other people will pick it up and run with it and we'll see where it goes.
3) ... could be his downfall in the sense that they could seize upon the story and run with it.
4) ... this series looks like it's going to take the original Westworld concept and really run with it.
5) We might take a decision like this and run with it and try to make it into something a lot more general than ...
6) ... but since their initial publication, international researchers have taken their data and run with it.
7) ... present them the best we can but often times children will pick it up and run with it and teach us the possibilities that we didn't realise were there, ...
8) Don't sit back because you're scared of the challenge. Just run with it and see where it goes.
9) I kind of take those good vibes and run with it. It's fun.
10) ... that you put a challenge in front of him and he would take it and run with it, no matter what it was.
11) ... the internet can sometimes take something and really run with it.
12) There are just so many questions out there that we really want other people to run with it as much as they can.
13) ... and being proactive. You have been given a chance of a lifetime, run with it, let your talents and skills show, ...
14) So rather than fret, embrace the idea, and run with it.
15) ... great businesses look for opportunity and they'll grab it (the opportunity) and run with it.
16) Now that I have that mandate I'm going to run with it and do everything I can to support the views of our members.
17) Whereas younger people seem to grab the technology and run with it.
18) It's an easy storyline, and people are going to run with it, and that's always going to be how it is.
19) ... if given that info, would have been stupid not to run with it.
20) Rather than grab the offer and run with it immediately in Tuesday's closing hours, they said they'd get right ...