"to save for a rainy day"
to save something, usually money, for a possible unexpected future need
Related words and phrases:
Two business partners are talking ...
Partner 1: Business is doing really well. Let's spend some of the profits on an office remodel.
Partner 2: Maybe we are doing well in this moment but we never know what emergency or downturn is coming. I think we should save at least half the profits for a rainy day.
Partner 1: You are right. That is very prudent thinking.
A couple are talking ...
Wife: Are we going to go on an exotic holiday or buy a new car with your bonus this year?
Husband: Neither. We are going to save it for a rainy day.
Wife: But you are doing so well at work and everything looks really good.
Husband: I am not so sure about that. I am starting to get a little concerned with the way things are going at work. I think we should be prepared for the day when I might be temporarily out of work.
Saving for a rainy day is prudent when a person wants to be prepared for possible tough times.
1) Improve your wealth through these saving tips; Save for a rainy day. As the Greece crisis has shown us, financial emergencies can hit hard.
2) I have a hobby box full of recipes that I save for a rainy day.
3) Balance the books, pay as you go, save for a rainy day.
4) You also need to save for a rainy day. Typically a profit margin of 10-15% is a good place to start.
5) ... and make small choices to prepare for retirement, to save for a rainy day, to take care of our children. Nothing is wrong with these, ...
6) Self-control is what enables us to maintain healthy habits, save for a rainy day, and get important things done.
7) Did we save for a rainy day, or did we live in the short term only?
8) Even families that save for a rainy day need the protection provided by insurance.
9) ... year fixed rate bond is an attractive option for people looking to save for a rainy day or put money aside for their retirement.
10) So what do you do - you save for a rainy day as you know the day of reckoning is coming.
11) When debt-free I will look to save for a rainy day to have something set aside.
12) ... the first three months of 2012, but most people opted to save for a rainy day rather than spend their extra cash, the figures have indicated.
13) ... you worked for 29years and did not save for a rainy day or bad times, then the more fool you.
14) Therefore, maybe you should save for a rainy day, and not pretend that you are going to win the lottery to solve ...
15) Save something for a rainy day and don't spend more than you are taking in.
16) To lead a healthy financial life you need to save money for a rainy day.
17) I don't mind them partying, but hey, save some for a rainy day.
18) My dad taught me to live below my means and to save for a rainy day.
19) I like to collect stuff or save things for a rainy day.
20) This has the advantage to encourage recipients to save for a rainy day and also not carry around cash which can be easily lost or stolen.